Guardado or Benitez? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Guardado or Benitez?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Guardado or Benitez?

Postby it'sbeenawhile » Sat May 25, 2002 1:19 pm

From another guy, I've been offered this trade. I was thinking of taking it along with the Mussina trade.

Get: Guardado and Mondesi
Give: Colon and Benitez

Will Guardado stay strong? I know Benitez is supposed to be all that, but I get anxious when I watch Mets game and see him take the mound.
Also, is Mondesi valus equal to Colon's

Thanks,
Shreeps
it'sbeenawhile

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Sat May 25, 2002 5:02 pm

Both Guardado and benitez have strangleholds on their teams' closers spots, and both have looked good. I'd decide this based not on the closers, but on the other two players. Mondesi's average has been ugly, but the rest of his stats are solid. Colon has pitched very well so far - much better than I had expected. However, he complained about discomfort in his elbow a couple days ago, which should set off all kinds of warning sirens. I'd rather have Colon if he's healthy, but hearing him compare the feeling he's had with bone chips that troubled him several years ago isn't at all reassuring.

If I had to choose one of these sides right now, I'd play safe and pick the side with Mondesi. (Keep in mind that I'm not the greatest Colon supporter, though, so this opinion might be slanted.)

By the way, if this is a keeper league or you're playing with friends, I'd make sure the other side knows about Colon's statements, both in the interest of fair play and your reputation as a trader.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers