Shortstop questions, Gordon, Cabrera, Castro, WHIR 100% - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Shortstop questions, Gordon, Cabrera, Castro, WHIR 100%

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shortstop questions, Gordon, Cabrera, Castro, WHIR 100%

Postby LightItUp95 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:59 am

What up ladies and germs of the Fantasy Cafe? I got a couple of questions regarding some shortstops, all revolving around a trade

12 team H2H points league (keeper). Offered Starlin Castro and Yoenis Cespedes for Zack Greinke. My pitching is solid right now (Waino, Darvish, King Felix, Anibal, Bauer), but I need more certainty since after my top 3 dudes, it gets shaky. On top of that, I'm probably not keeping Starlin Castro since everyone in this league keeps their first rounder and their best pitcher (So Felix and Ryan Braun for me), plus I'm probably keeping Mike Trout, meaning the last spot would be between Eric Hosmer, Brett Lawrie, and Aroldis Chapman. I've also had a problem with Ks on the offensive side of things, and while it has been better recently, Castro and Cespedes both K way too much for the return they give me. I'm trying for a second-half push desperately, so here are couple questions about the deal:

1. Is it a fair deal or a lopsided deal for me? I'm leading the league in basically every major offensive catergory (Steals, Runs, Homers, tho 3rd in RBI), while my oppenent's offense is basically Andrew McCutchen and Billy Butler, but outside of that, nothing.

2. If this deal goes through, who do I start at short; Everth Cabrera or Dee Gordon? I feel like Cabrera helps my BA a little bit more while still giving me steals while Gordon basically only gives me steals and almost nothing else. Thoughts?

Leave me a link so I can WHIR.

Thanks a lot! :-B
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shortstop questions, Gordon, Cabrera, Castro, WHIR 100%

Postby midwestpatsfan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:32 am

I do not think it is lopsided for you at all. Giving up a top tier SS is a premium. Dee Gordon got hurt last night and it looks like it could be bad, so he is out of the question. I know it may be asking a lot, but could you get his SS back in return? If not Cabrera is your guy from this point forward.

help me please?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449992
midwestpatsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:29 pm

Yeah, I think it's a pretty decent deal for you, and Cabrera will help you in SBs and you'll just suffer a bit in BA and counting stats at your SS position, while significantly upgrading your pitching. If you're in need of pitching help and are fine on offense like you said, I think this is a darned good deal for you ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Element » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:51 pm

I value Castro more than Grienke straight up. Throwing in Cespedes seems a little much. I would be ok with the 1 for 1 swap.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby LightItUp95 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:05 am

midwestpatsfan wrote:I do not think it is lopsided for you at all. Giving up a top tier SS is a premium. Dee Gordon got hurt last night and it looks like it could be bad, so he is out of the question. I know it may be asking a lot, but could you get his SS back in return? If not Cabrera is your guy from this point forward.

help me please?

I ended up getting this offer back:

Receive Billy Butler, KC DH from Red Sox to Bench
Receive Zack Greinke, Mil SP from Red Sox to Bench
Send Starlin Castro, ChC SS from SS to Red Sox
Send Salvador Perez, KC C from UTIL to Red Sox
Send Anibal Sanchez, Mia SP from P to Red Sox

Not bad, I'm gonna wait until the last second to deal with it though.

Thoughts? Considering Anibal has been awful, I get a major up grade at pitcher, and Butler and E-Cab together will actualy score about the same as Perez and Castro since Butler hits for a decent average but has much more power and E-Cab steal more bases.
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby oriolemagic33 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:32 am

LightItUp95 wrote:
midwestpatsfan wrote:I do not think it is lopsided for you at all. Giving up a top tier SS is a premium. Dee Gordon got hurt last night and it looks like it could be bad, so he is out of the question. I know it may be asking a lot, but could you get his SS back in return? If not Cabrera is your guy from this point forward.

help me please?

I ended up getting this offer back:

Receive Billy Butler, KC DH from Red Sox to Bench
Receive Zack Greinke, Mil SP from Red Sox to Bench
Send Starlin Castro, ChC SS from SS to Red Sox
Send Salvador Perez, KC C from UTIL to Red Sox
Send Anibal Sanchez, Mia SP from P to Red Sox

Not bad, I'm gonna wait until the last second to deal with it though.

Thoughts? Considering Anibal has been awful, I get a major up grade at pitcher, and Butler and E-Cab together will actualy score about the same as Perez and Castro since Butler hits for a decent average but has much more power and E-Cab steal more bases.

Love this deal. Sanchez has been bad lately so he's a non-factor. Butler is the most consistent player in the trade, and getting Greinke is a massive upgrade. I'd pounce.
oriolemagic33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mcmbpd » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:56 am

Yeah I'm not too big on giving up Castro and Cespedes for Zach. Castro has hudge value at SS and Cespedes is decent when he's right...and you don't really need and more pitching at this point. Cabrera or Gordon wouldn't be serviceable at SS, but Castro is a star there. He's a top 3 fantasy SS and he'll be a bigger asset for your team. I'd actually love to keep Castro, but it's hard to argue with the keepers you have right now. One for one I'd make the deal, but not 2 for 1
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions