BLOCKBUSTER DEAL!! Which team?? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

BLOCKBUSTER DEAL!! Which team?? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BLOCKBUSTER DEAL!! Which team?? WHIR

Postby sclyon3 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 pm

So I have a chance to do a 4-team deal. Instead of going through the individual deals, I will just post before and after rosters for my squad. There are 3 different scenarios I can come out with. Please tell me which you prefer:

Team 1 (My team now if I do nothing)

C Santana, 1b Miggy, 2b Hill, ss reyes, 3b lawrie, if middlebrooks, of jennings, of craig, of de aza, of plouffe, util ortiz, DL Crawford, Gardner
sp verlander, kershaw, hernandez, bumgarner, johan, peavy, latos, halladay
rp kimbrel, chapman, jansen

Team 2
c santana, 1b craig, 2b phillips, ss reyes, 3b lawrie, if (someone off waivers or plouffe), of jennings, of mccutchen, of heyward, of plouffe (or someone off waivers), DL/Bench Longoria, Crawford, Gardner
sp verlander, kershaw, hernandez, bumgarner, wainwright, latos, halladay
rp kimbrel, chapman, jansen, jim johnson

Team 3 (McCutchen/Johnson for Kemp)
c santana, 1b craig, 2b phillips, ss reyes, 3b lawrie, if (someone off waivers or plouffe), of jennings, of Kemp, of heyward, of plouffe (or someone off waivers), DL/Bench Longoria, Crawford, Gardner
sp verlander, kershaw, hernandez, bumgarner, wainwright, latos, halladay
rp kimbrel, chapman, jansen

Basically, for Team 2, I lose Miggy, De Aza, Hill, Middlebrooks, Johan, Peavy, and get McCutchen, Wainwright, Longoria, Jim Johnson, Phillips, Heyward. I then could deal McCutch and Johnson for Kemp if I desired, or keep it after that deal. The Kemp owner already made a verbal commitment to that deal with me. (He is a friend who loves McCutch; he will not go back on his word.)

I love the idea of moving Miggy for either McCutch and Longoria or Kemp and Longoria. Come playoffs, I'll be set offensively. My pitchers are already set, as you can see. I am not high on Johan or Peavy, and I actually like Wainwright more than both of them down the stretch (personally). Other than that, I think I am making improvements across the board.

Which team would YOU rather have for the stretch of the season? Team 1, 2, or 3? Explanations would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance. This is a HUGE decision!! I already know which team I am leaning towards, but input is appreciated...
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: BLOCKBUSTER DEAL!! Which team?? WHIR

Postby midwestpatsfan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Wow, lots going on there. My first question is how confident are you that Longoria is coming back soon? As an owner of him, it is frustrating and scary as he continues to have setbacks. So the trade with Longoria and Kemp as your final roster moves is very high risk, with extreme high reward.

I read or heard somewhere that McCutchins and Braun were the only 2 guys to hit a certain amt. of extra base hits and steal bases(sorry cannot find the exact #'s, but basically said if you can get either one, do it. So I like McCutchins as and end result with Kemp or Longoria as they both have injury risk.

I hope that makes some sense.

Help with my much less complicated question?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449992
midwestpatsfan
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby sclyon3 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks for your input. Yes, that makes sense!! Thanks!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sclyon3 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Basically, I love Kemp. I almost took Kemp 1st overall, but since the Tigers are my team I had to roll with Miggy. Now, I can get Kemp AND Longoria. Even if Evan isn't back until playoff time I'd be okay with it. Top 4 make playoffs and I'm 16.5 games ahead of 4th place. I have time to wait on him. If Kemp puts up comparable numbers to what Miggy was, I'll hold steady and get a huge boost by Longo when I need it most.

This is not a keeper league also. I forgot to mention that.

Thanks for your thoughts! These are just my inclinations here.
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sclyon3 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:44 am

Does anyone else have any thoughts? I have to decide by tonight!

Thanks!!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ehlana » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:28 pm

I see no mention of Ortiz in either team 2 or 3, do you lose him as well? Is he 1B eligible in your league? I think I'd prefer McCutcheon over Kemp just b/c I'd rather have the healthy player. Kemp and Longoria is too far to the risk side of risk/reward for my liking.
(\ _ /)
(='.'=)
(")_(")*
Ehlana
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 69)

Postby Element » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Ehlana wrote:I see no mention of Ortiz in either team 2 or 3, do you lose him as well? Is he 1B eligible in your league? I think I'd prefer McCutcheon over Kemp just b/c I'd rather have the healthy player. Kemp and Longoria is too far to the risk side of risk/reward for my liking.

I kind of agree. Plus, Cutch is putting up first round numbers right now. He's not too far away from a healthy Kemp. Plus, Plus, Kemp's injury was to his hammy. Half of his value lies in the stolen base. He wasn't running much in April (just a lot of light jogging around the bases) & you can basically anticipate him not running much in the 2nd half.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 968)

Postby sclyon3 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Oops, no I don't lose Ortiz. I still have him. My bad!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sclyon3 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Papi is not 1b eligible. Craig will be my new 1b. Ortiz would have to play in 3 more games at 1b to be eligible in espn leagues.
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions