Would you veto this trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Would you veto this trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Would you veto this trade?

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:56 am

I am in a new Dynasty 16 team Points H2H league and even though I was autodrafted... I have made more than 4/5th the allowed yearly moves just to try and get to the point where I could compete for the championship. That said... I am almost there and am in 3rd place currently.

Ever looking to better my roster, I just got sick and tired of seeing negative numbers from Uggla and finally decided to get rid of him. At the same time, I had previously picked up FA Steven Drew and had him on DL... but when he got activated, out of my roster players, he was the first to get cut... so... I decided to try and trade Uggla and Drew for some alternate player. I was looking for either a decent SP or a replacement 2B for Uggla.

So, I first posted my tradeblock for Uggla, Romero and Drew and waited for offers. None which gave me a starter in return came my way.

Next, I looked at just about every team and made them an offer of some combination of Uggla, Drew, Romero, or one or two of my draft picks from next year and beyond. ALL my offers were either rejected or ignored for days after I saw they were looked at by their owners.

So, I kept moving down the list of players on teams I would accept and finally got to Aaron Hill... I saw that he was hitting more like he did when he last kicked butt and was scoring more than Uggla by about 10% YTD. But, I also got rejected by almost all the other teams and so I wanted to make sure I got this deal accepted, especially since this owner usually only logged in about once a week.

I offered Uggla/Drew/3rd round draft choice in 2013/1st round draft choice in 2014
for
Aaron Hill

Here's why this makes sense....
I was about to drop Drew since he is coming off DL and he is the worse player on my roster. Next, Uggla is costing me points rather than making me any during the last month due to his K's. Hill is kicking Ugglas butt with regard to points in last 30 days and even for the year on the whole. Now to the problem area... draft choices. We are a big roster dynasty league. We ALSO each have up to a 10 player farm team of rookies and prospects. This means that for every year looking forward, only the first dozen choices or at most the first round of draft picks will have any relevance in the following year.
So, I made a decision to pretty much just kick those picks and use them to try and win this year. Hope that makes sense.

With that in mind, I offered a deal and it got accepted as such:
I give Uggla, My ready to be cut Drew, my 3rd round pick in 2013(which I probably won't use) and my 1st round pick in 2014(which I can trade back for late in the year or next year during our draft them, if I want.)
I still have valuable players on my DL like Longoria, and a few closers which would make it even harder for me to draft and use anyone on my team as it now stands...

YET, I already have 6 vetoes, mostly from the teams who already rejected my offers of Uggla, etc... and who led to my desperation deal which I really need to have....

So, would you have vetoed this deal and if so, why?
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Would you veto this trade?

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:03 pm

The trade got vetoed... so I've been cheated out of Aaron Hill and of being able to run my team to try and win it all this year.

Since this isn't a league I want to be in past this year, I decided to not let the cowardly veto'ers win and just bench Uggla and play without a starting 2B for the rest of the year. At the end of each week, I can plug in Aaron Hill's stats for that week and see how I would have done had the other jealous owners not cheated me out of actually getting Hill.

I had one veto owner post that I should re-offer the deal without the draft picks. I did that and the other owner rejected my offer.

This might be one case where like the television show Leverage, it takes being bad to do good? I am thinking of offering the other team two trades, one of Drew/Uggla for Hill, and the other one of my two draft picks for Identical picks in the year 2020. I would tell him to accept the draft pick deal first to make sure it goes through review and then he could accept the other deal of Uggla/Drew for Hill. I realize this is wrong, but it seems like it may be the only way I can right the wrong that has been done to my team.

What do you think?
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:54 am

Thing that most worries me about this thread is that no one from my beloved Cafe EVER helped with the problem in the two days it was online... although about it got 20 views gawking at it in the interim.
Guess lots of folks were on vacation and not on duty for fantasy scumbots?
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigmck » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:00 am

FantasySportsMaven wrote:Thing that most worries me about this thread is that no one from my beloved Cafe EVER helped with the problem in the two days it was online... although about it got 20 views gawking at it in the interim.
Guess lots of folks were on vacation and not on duty for fantasy scumbots?

Or maybe, just maybe, no one wanted to read your long post. Be short and to the point.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby converge241 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:29 am

Youre way overpaying for Hill and the other owner would reap a lot of benefits, which im sure was a factor for many owners casting their veto, but I dont see the need for a veto myself.

You can probably get some more input on a new deal in the trade/pickup section. Good luck in your fight with them and your quest for aaron hill
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner