My J.Montero & C.Crawford for B.McCann & J.Reddick? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My J.Montero & C.Crawford for B.McCann & J.Reddick? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My J.Montero & C.Crawford for B.McCann & J.Reddick? WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:29 am

Take this deal or pass? I'd like to buy low on McCann to improve at catcher and he countered with this deal. I'm not sure I want to move Crawford though after waiting this long. Thoughts?

I give: Jesus Montero and Carl Crawford

I receive: Brian McCann and Josh Reddick

12 Team H2H DAILY LEAGUE with 6 Keepers Season to Season, each for 3 years max. * means a keeper entering this season
Stat Categories: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG -- IP, CG, W, L, ER, ERA, K, SV, WHIP

MY CURRENT TEAM

C Jesus Montero
1B Prince Fielder*
2B Dustin Pedroia*
3B Miguel Cabrera*
SS Hanley Ramirez*
OF Ryan Braun
OF Austin Jackson
OF Giancarlo Stanton
UT David Ortiz
UT Colby Rasmus
UT Cody Ross
BN Ben Revere
DL Jacoby Ellsbury
DL Carl Crawford
DL Emilio Bonifacio

SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Cole Hamels
SP Zack Greinke
RP Rafael Soriano
RP Aroldis Chapman
P Chris Sale
P Yovani Gallardo
P Tim Lincecum
BN Anibal Sanchez
BN Tommy Hanson
BN Andrew Cashner
DL Roy Halladay
DL CC Sabathia
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My J.Montero & C.Crawford for B.McCann & J.Reddick? WHIR

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:03 am

I think i would take the deal. My problem only problem is Reddick. He has been really good so far but I am not sure how much I believe that this is the player he will be all year. I have no problem dealing Crawford because even when he returns, you don't know what he will do. Over the past season and a half, he has had a lot of issues on and off the field so dealing him now for something decent seems like a good plan to me. If you could get something a little safer then Reddick I would be all over it but even just for Reddick I would probably take the deal.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby redkanefox2009 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:52 pm

I would take the deal as well. McCann is due to turn it around, I think he is a big upgrade over what you have right now. I'm not a huge believer in Reddick, but I am less of a believer in Crawford, and I think overall you are upgrading on value here.

Help with mine please? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449934
redkanefox2009
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bobnerns » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:04 pm

I agree with the others in that I'd take this deal. Montero just isn't hitting that well and it makes some sense since he is in the cavernous Safeco plus has a pretty weak offense around him. His one upside is that he'll play more games than any other catcher.

It sucks to let go of Crawford if you've held onto him this whole time, but there's no guarantee he's going to be any good. McCann is bound to turn things around this season and you'll be reaping those rewards. I might consider doing this trade without Reddick, but he adds a nice bat who has shown power upside. He might tail off in the 2nd half, but if he keeps mashing then you're getting a nice deal.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449936&p=3544032#p3544032
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sigriffey » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:52 am

Bump

This offer is still on the table. What say you guys? Montero has a mild concussion so it's tempting to move him. But it's also hard to let Crawford go after all this.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Knights » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:04 am

I agree with all of the others, on the side of taking the deal. Don't let the temptation to keep Crawford after holding on to him this long be what stops it from happening. He wasn't great with the Red Sox last season, so you can just as easily look at this as selling Crawford with potential abound and getting something for him before he comes back and get off to a bad start.

Like the first response said though, Reddick is the loose link in a sense. He's doing well, but I'm not sold. Take a look at the other owner's roster and see if there's potentially a more reliable player that you could ask for instead.

Can yo help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=450002
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby kool38 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:06 am

The health of Crawford would be the primary reason I would make the trade...that and the fact that I think by now you know exactly what you're getting with McCann and Reddick.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=449995
kool38
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby midwestpatsfan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:16 am

I am going to go against the grain and say I would not do this deal. I have watched plenty of Braves games and own McCann in fantasy baseball as well and I do not see a turn around in him. He looks like a shell of himself. He came into spring training really out of shape and has not been able to get himself back to his old form. I think him and Montero are going to produce about the same in the 2nd half. Crawford has proven in the past that he can put up some eye popping numbers, but is a risk for injury and not producing, but he has a track record. Reddick is a sell high guy right now and I cannot see this production continuing.

It is a trade that doesn't present a ton of upside for you is my feeling on it. Sorry if I confused the situation more.

help me?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449992
midwestpatsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions