Please rank SPs for trade. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Please rank SPs for trade. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rank SPs for trade. WHIR

Postby ron paul for pres » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:42 pm

12 team, H2H, 5x5, non-keeper

Trying to work out a trade. My hitting for his pitching. Please rank these SPs based on value for rest of this season.

Greinke
Kershaw
Lincecum
Dickey
Peavy
Voglesong

My roster:
C - Ruiz
1B - Fielder
2B - Kinsler
3B - Miggy
SS - A Cabrera
OF - Hamilton, Beltran, A Jackson
DH - Butler
BN - Bruce, A Rod, Morse, Aviles

SP - Strasburg, Cueto, J Santana, Lynn, Moore, Oswalt, Garza, Dempster, Bauer
RP - Clippard, Putz, Axford
DL - Storen
ron paul for pres
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rank SPs for trade. WHIR

Postby Element » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Kershaw

Greinke

Dickey
Peavy
Lincecum
Vogelsong

Kershaw/Greinke is the easy #1/2. I personally would not look to acquire Dickey, Peavy or Vogelsong unless the price is right. The owner would likely over value them because of their big first halves. If I could get Lincecum for pennies on the dollar I would do it, but I wouldn't get carried away. His last start was against the Dodgers ... which is basically a AAA offense attempting to play HR Derby in the Grand Canyon. It's bad.

Offer up Aviles ... maybe Morse is he balks. Worth a shot/
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 685)

Postby ron paul for pres » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:12 pm

He's really high on Austin Jackson. What would be a good 1-for-1 there? I asked for Greinke and he said no.
ron paul for pres
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:35 pm

ron paul for pres wrote:He's really high on Austin Jackson. What would be a good 1-for-1 there? I asked for Greinke and he said no.

Austin Jackson is not going to get you an established elite player. He is having a good year but who knows if he can keep it up? Asking for Peavy for him would be do-able if you really believe in Peavy or that he will not get hurt at some point. I would not recommend doing that though.

That said, you have Bruce, Morse and Arod doing nothing for you right now as they are on your bench. Try offering Bruce for Greinke imo. You can start off by asking for Kershaw but I do not see that happening as the price will be way too high.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby fish72292 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:40 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:
ron paul for pres wrote:He's really high on Austin Jackson. What would be a good 1-for-1 there? I asked for Greinke and he said no.

Austin Jackson is not going to get you an established elite player. He is having a good year but who knows if he can keep it up? Asking for Peavy for him would be do-able if you really believe in Peavy or that he will not get hurt at some point. I would not recommend doing that though.

That said, you have Bruce, Morse and Arod doing nothing for you right now as they are on your bench. Try offering Bruce for Greinke imo. You can start off by asking for Kershaw but I do not see that happening as the price will be way too high.

I agree try Bruce or Morse for his Greinke... See how that goes. But I agree with everything this guy said. Austin jackson will not get you a great pitcher in return you would have to trade him with one of your back end SP's to get one of his top pitchers and event that might not make him budge.

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449798
fish72292
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bodsquad » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:30 pm

i agree with the comments. You might be able to get linecum for jackson. I am still a believer in lincecum can turn it around.
bodsquad
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 46)

Postby jfg » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Kershaw
Greinke
Dickey
Peavy
Lincecum
Voglesong

One caveat: I don't know what to expect of Peavy in late August and September. The good news is that he's on a winning team and won't be shutdown because of anything minor. That could be the bad news as well, he hasn't pitched a full workload in a long time, and if he starts to struggle it might get ugly. Or he could be the workhorse that he was when he was healthy. I'd definitely roll with Peavy before Lincecum.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:09 am

Greinke for Bruce is perfect. AJax if you can do that as well.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1928)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions