Castro/Sandoval for EE/Heyward ***UPDATED TRADE OFFER*** - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Castro/Sandoval for EE/Heyward ***UPDATED TRADE OFFER***

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Castro/Sandoval for EE/Heyward ***UPDATED TRADE OFFER***

Postby CadensDad » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:20 pm

12 teams 5x5 stats 6 keepers

Which side wins this deal?
Last edited by CadensDad on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Castro/Sandoval for EE/Heyward

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:25 pm

EE is edwin encarnacion im guessing? Depending on your needs...problem with heyward is his streaky, last 30 days his been the 24th best player in fantasy but the alst 30 days be4 that he was prolly around 150 best in fantasy, I do think that the streakiness can stop and he can be a consitant player but that would be the risk taking in him. EE you just have to figure his the next joeybats, everyone thought joeybats was gonna slow down and it was a fluke so why not think EE can keep it up.

i think your really only losing out on steals but realisticly its castro with 16 and EE/heyward with 18.

i really like the EE/heyward deal for this year.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=449887
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby CadensDad » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:31 pm

joeyg2323 wrote:EE is edwin encarnacion im guessing? Depending on your needs...problem with heyward is his streaky, last 30 days his been the 24th best player in fantasy but the alst 30 days be4 that he was prolly around 150 best in fantasy, I do think that the streakiness can stop and he can be a consitant player but that would be the risk taking in him. EE you just have to figure his the next joeybats, everyone thought joeybats was gonna slow down and it was a fluke so why not think EE can keep it up.

i think your really only losing out on steals but realisticly its castro with 16 and EE/heyward with 18.

Castro is 1 for 4 in stolen bases since June 1st, he has 48 career stolen bases and has been caught 26 times. Not exactly great numbers imo.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:38 pm

CadensDad wrote:
joeyg2323 wrote:EE is edwin encarnacion im guessing? Depending on your needs...problem with heyward is his streaky, last 30 days his been the 24th best player in fantasy but the alst 30 days be4 that he was prolly around 150 best in fantasy, I do think that the streakiness can stop and he can be a consitant player but that would be the risk taking in him. EE you just have to figure his the next joeybats, everyone thought joeybats was gonna slow down and it was a fluke so why not think EE can keep it up.

Castro is 1 for 4 in stolen bases since June 1st, he has 48 career stolen bases and has been caught 26 times. Not exactly great numbers imo.

thats where the realisticly numbers come in lol looking at it your like your losing in steals but when you look at the numbers your not.

can you post your roster now be4 the trade?
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CadensDad » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Mauer
Butler
Infante
Freese
Castro
Parra
Gordon
Schafer
Tex
Uggla
E.Cabrera
Blanco
Sandoval
Utley

Lohse
Bumgarner
Nova
Hanarhan
Chapman
Bell
Burnett
Jurrijens
Hanson
Storen

CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:56 pm

eh after looking at your team i think you gotta keep castro and pablo.
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Quackman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:58 pm

zero chance i make this trade. sandoval is looking good and that lineup is heating up. Castro gets you some consistent numbers at SS. EE i mean every week that he is healthy Im surprised. Heyward,,who knows. Id take sandavol over heyward all day and ill take castro over EE all day.

Making this trade, you are basically paying beyond full price for Edwin. His value couldnt be higher, even though he isnt young/injury risk and has never produced numbers like this in his career. Id never make a trade where im paying this kind of price unless its someone very young and very healthy and has a proven track record.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby Element » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:59 pm

I prefer Castro and Sandoval myself. I'm not a big believer in E5. I think that Heyward has a nice 2nd half, but it won't be better than what you have right now. Don't be discouraged by Castro's lack of steals. You drafted him only anticipating around 20 anyway. He's a SS wth incredible bat control hitting out of the 3-hole. He should post solid numbers across the board.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 719)

Postby CadensDad » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:32 pm

New offer is

Heyward/Ian Desmond/EE and Chris Perez for Pablo and Castro, do we take this deal now?

CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby fish72292 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:37 pm

After looking at your team I would probably try and target a good starting pitcher rather than try and get a few bats instead. Might want to use the closer you threw in to get a starter.

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449798
fish72292
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions