Granderson and Middlebrooks for my Trout? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Granderson and Middlebrooks for my Trout?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Granderson and Middlebrooks for my Trout?

Postby chillbro » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:21 pm

After having Trout since his debut, most of my league has been offering me offers for him. Today someone offered me Curtis Granderson and Will Middlebrooks for him, should i accept? Granderson is definitely a top tier outfielder, but is it worth it for Trout? league is an 8man H2H redraft. Thanks for the help guys, heres my roster-

C-Carlos Santana
1B-Albert Pujols
2B-Ian Kinsler
SS- Marco Scutaro
3B-Mike Aviles
OF-Mike Trout
OF-Carlos Gonzalez
OF-Bryce Harper
U-Mike Morse
Bench:
OF-Desmond Jennings
OF-Jay Bruce
3B-Kevin Youkilis
3B-Evan Longoria [DL]
chillbro
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Granderson and Middlebrooks for my Trout?

Postby exposrule » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:31 pm

At first I was going to say take the trade for sure, but after looking at your lineup I'm not so sure. Yes, Middlebrooks should be an upgrade at 3b for you and Granderson would be nice in your outfield, but I'm thinking you're going to have trouble getting steals if you deal Trout. Granderson can steal some, but not as much as Trout. I'd say I'm down the middle on this one. If you think Desmond Jennings will turn it around soon and can pick you up some steals alongside those you would get from Granderson, take the deal. Otherwise, I'd hold off so you could stay strong in all offensive categories.
exposrule
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Quackman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Ya id give the middlebrooks train a little more time,,,people are already freaking out after a couple bad games. You have Longoria coming back sometime soon right? So really your weakest part of your team is SS. Id rather trade Bruce or harper over trout so maybe thats an option. Any trade id make with your team i would want a top SS in return. Id start at Castro and Andrus. Does look like a good idea to trade one of your OF though. good luck
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby wazzeus » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:03 am

That's more than enough to get Trout. Grandy for Trout is reasonable even before adding Middlebrooks.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rjforlife » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:20 am

exposrule wrote:At first I was going to say take the trade for sure, but after looking at your lineup I'm not so sure. Yes, Middlebrooks should be an upgrade at 3b for you and Granderson would be nice in your outfield, but I'm thinking you're going to have trouble getting steals if you deal Trout. Granderson can steal some, but not as much as Trout. I'd say I'm down the middle on this one. If you think Desmond Jennings will turn it around soon and can pick you up some steals alongside those you would get from Granderson, take the deal. Otherwise, I'd hold off so you could stay strong in all offensive categories.

I'm not sure how many steals you think are needed, but:

Kinsler(15)
Cargo(10)
Harper(8)
Jennings(12)

To me, he has plenty of speed, almost too much with Trout. I would definitely make this deal in a redraft league.

Help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449743
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby exposrule » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:58 am

rjforlife wrote:
exposrule wrote:At first I was going to say take the trade for sure, but after looking at your lineup I'm not so sure. Yes, Middlebrooks should be an upgrade at 3b for you and Granderson would be nice in your outfield, but I'm thinking you're going to have trouble getting steals if you deal Trout. Granderson can steal some, but not as much as Trout. I'd say I'm down the middle on this one. If you think Desmond Jennings will turn it around soon and can pick you up some steals alongside those you would get from Granderson, take the deal. Otherwise, I'd hold off so you could stay strong in all offensive categories.

I'm not sure how many steals you think are needed, but:

Kinsler(15)
Cargo(10)
Harper(8)
Jennings(12)

To me, he has plenty of speed, almost too much with Trout. I would definitely make this deal in a redraft league.

Help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449743

I guess you're probably right. That's including Jennings though, who he might not be playing until he comes around, if he does. I'm just thinking with Pujols and CarGo, in addition to the rest of his team, he already should have plenty of power without Grandy, but making the trade probably wouldn't hurt. The speed Grandy has should be enough to keep you safe in steals.
exposrule
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby chillbro » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:59 pm

thanks guys, but im not really worried too much about steals right now because its a h2h league, so i can make up for steals with runs, hits, etc. Im still undecided, but Trout was a waiver pickup and Granderson was a 2nd round pick so it would be a great opportunity to sell high
chillbro
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby fish72292 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:16 pm

I love Granderson, and Middlebrooks is a great throw in. Id take this trade.

Help with mine:
fish72292
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby fish72292 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:17 pm

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449775 thats the link for the post above
fish72292
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby smitty10j » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:35 pm

I would not make the trade, I feel like you need more help at SS than 3B, especially once Longoria gets back. I always look at improving my team for the playoffs and with Longoria healthy in the playoffs middlebrooks probably would just be sitting on your bench. Granderson would be nice for your outfield but you are already deep there. So I would not accept this trade but would try to deal an outfield for a shortstop instead.

Help me out
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449783
smitty10j
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions