Analyze Team Please WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Analyze Team Please WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Analyze Team Please WHIR

Postby kingdon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:33 pm

Standard 5 x 5. Min. 25 innings pitch per week. h2h 12 teams

Besides the obvious glaring need at SP what do I need.

Where am I strong. I need to figure out what players I can move that have value because I cant seem to get a trade done.

kingdon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Analyze Team Please WHIR

Postby garretterik » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:26 am

Try to move one of your top RP for a decent SP. With 5 RP who all are solid I would have no problem trying to trade Rodney or Perez for an above average pitcher. Maybe target an AJ Burnett, or Lynn caliber player who owners still might not believe in. It looks like you are a KC fan, but Myers? I am not buying your OF. Target a player needing 3B or 2B help and offer Utley, Moose, or Prado for a solid OF.

Help me:
viewtopic.php?t=450239
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ShdowMastr81 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:04 am

I think you should move Trumbo the OF and start Moustakas at 3B. You can then get rid of Cody Ross and try to sell Gordon, Prado and a RP for at least 2 solid SP. If you think Gordon will turn it around then you can probably deal away Duda instead.

I think your R and SB will be taken care of with Jennings and Jackson but adding another guy to help with the speed based categories would certainly help.

I think Hardy and Utley are great trade bait for you also. They are at premium positions, and you could probably get someone like Ian Desmond to fill that SS vacancy when you move Hardy. I think Desmond is a solid buy low guy, not saying he will be cheap, but that he will be cheaper than he deserves as he looks to continue his strong first half and you could still get on the bandwagon at a reasonably price. So maybe target Ian Desmond/SP for a Hardy/Utley package....

You could also try to sell HIGH on Mauer, and target a lesser known C that as similar potential. Maybe someone like Wilin Rosario. My thoughts would be a Mauer/RP combo to a team that needs RP and has a C like Rosario or Wieters. You'd be trading in Mauer's high AVG and getting power numbers in return. And hopefully someone bites on that combo i suggested and you can get a solid buy low SP like Vargas, Milone, Latos or someone like that, that offers a potential second half surge....

those are just a few paths i would try to navigate down

Good luck, keep us posted
ShdowMastr81
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby kingdon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:23 pm

I posted this a week or two ago, coincidentally I traded Moustakas, Texieria, and Rodney for Ian Kennedy, Jered Weaver, and Alexrodiguez
kingdon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team