WHIR --- Teixiera for Butler deal ---WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

WHIR --- Teixiera for Butler deal ---WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WHIR --- Teixiera for Butler deal ---WHIR

Postby elvis1074 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:08 am

I am in need of BA help.

Giving - Tex/Seager/Marmol

Getting - Billy Butler/Adam Kennedy

I have Kinsler and Kendrick occupying 2b and MI. Seager will probably be on my bench anyway. Don't trust Marmol. If Butler continues to hit for power he will have less runs than Tex but that's about it. Thoughts? Will Butler keep it up, or is he having his usual power half in the first half this year and it will fall off in the second?

WHIR
elvis1074
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WHIR --- Teixiera for Butler deal ---WHIR

Postby billthebutcher17 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:18 am

Thanks for the reply on mine. Ok so Seager is on your bench anyway, and I don't trust Marmol either. So really it comes down to Tex for Butler because Kennedy is not really valuable. I have Butler in two of my leagues and he is having a great year. High BA as usual, but more home runs this year than years past. It depends on what you need, if you want the high BA I would do the deal, but I think Tex will beat out Butler in every other scoring category.

I actually think Seager is really good too, so I probably wouldn't do the deal because I'd rather have Seager/Tex than Butler
billthebutcher17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Tutuola » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:21 am

i dont think id do it

i think you could get a little more. i understand that marmol is basically a throw in, but i still would try to get more

viewtopic.php?t=449695
Tutuola
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mayor quimby » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:22 am

you're giving up the best player in the deal in Texeira. Wait him out. Don't be frustrated with the slow start. I've felt the same way but I'm sticking him out.
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby elvis1074 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:29 am

I actually think Tex's start has been ok. He seems to be a .250 hitter at this point in his career judging by the last 2 years and this one. If Butler hits for power he is in a whole new class of hitter. Maybe I should get a little more back...Cueto instead of Kennedy?
elvis1074
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby billthebutcher17 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:30 am

If you could do Cueto and Butler for Tex then I would probably do it. I personally am not convinced that Butler's power is for real, but that's must my opinion. Tex is a top 5 first baseman.
billthebutcher17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dannahann » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:41 am

I like Butler over Tex. He'll provide what you seek, BA help, and if he provides less in counting cats (which is certainly debatable) it won't be by much. Tex is exiting his prime and hitting in lineup with many players well past their's. Butler is in the complete opposite situation. I'd take the trade in a redraft, in a keeper it's a no brainer accept. ;-D
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions