Kaz v. Crosby - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kaz v. Crosby

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kaz v. Crosby

Postby ThisOneGuy » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:34 pm

I drafted Kaz thinking he would easily be a top 10 SS. Now I'm not so sure, at least not right away. I picked up Crosby as a short-term/possible long-term replacement. Kaz has really struggled this spring and Crosby's been on fire. How do you think each will fare this year. I'm in a head-to-head points league. Thanks. (Aurilia and Cintron are also on free agent heap.)
ThisOneGuy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby whitesox04champs » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:40 pm

I would try trading crosby or matsui for a different need and pick up cintron..............
whitesox04champs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby esm » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:50 pm

If you trade Kaz Matsui and he has a ROY season like Ichiro did his first year in the US, you will kick yourself.

Kaz is a seasoned veteran, Crosby is a very promising rookie. I'd bet on Kaz because Crosby is unproven. Also, IMO Oakland is coming down to earth this season.

Why not wait and see how they do in April? It's a long season and whoever you drop may turn out huge.
3andOut: Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
esm
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:58 pm

Good points. I probably won't trade either of them because I feel I'm fairly solid all-around and I'm not sure what their trade values would be. Probably not very high. I'll probably hold on to both and start Crosby right away and see how both guys progress. I think I'll hold on to Kaz regardless but what about Crosby in comparison to Cintron? Thanks for your input guys.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ThisOneGuy » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:04 pm

last post was me (obviously) I guess I'm saying that ideally I'd like to start Crosby right away as he seems to be hitting real well so far this spring. In the meantime, hopefully Kaz will begin to get more comfortable with Major League pitching. Any thoughts...Should I just forget Crosby, start Kaz and pick up another pitcher?
ThisOneGuy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:57 pm

I wouldn't just drop Crosby unless you really have to. If you can hold onto him he might turn into great trade bait later if you don't need him. Since both Kaz and Crosby are ? marks no reason not to hedge your bets.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:03 pm

Good point amazin. I guess I'll probably just use one as insurance for the other. :-? The only downfall is having to choose between the two each week and neither is a sure thing IMO. Hopefully, they'll both pan out and like you said, I could trade one. (probably Crosby)

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers