Tulo/Rizzo for Hosmer(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Tulo/Rizzo for Hosmer(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tulo/Rizzo for Hosmer(WHIR)

Postby oldmanbean » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Besides the waiver wire, is there anyone else in your league that might have a better package for Tulo???

Thanks for help on mine
oldmanbean
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcmbpd » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Hmmm, tough one because I can see the potential positives making either decision. I'm biased as well in that I've been dealing with Hosmer's miserable production all year long. I've also been defending him in here on a daily basis and telling everybody to hang on to Hosmer because the rebound is coming. That's getting harder and harder to believe though with every day that passes now. He also got benched AGAIN today, which killed me. I'm sticking to my guns and remaining in Hosmer's corner. The guy is a legit power hitter and should have an excellent average. His line drive ratios are still good and his K:BB rate is still great...the guy is just not getting lucky and the hits just aren't falling and having been falling in all year. This bad luck WILL turn around eventually, the trends/rates say that it simply has to happen. The law of averages is also on his side. I still belive that a big time hot streak/surge is coming and he'll have a great 2nd half. He's also an excellent keeper option, especially at $10. Even though I think he'll rebound and be an excellent keeper I think this trade is just too costly for your side. Tulo might ont return in time to help you in the regular season this year, but he's the best offensive SS in the game...when he's on the field. We have no idea what Rizzo will do once he arrives in the majors for his second time, but the Cubs organization has a ton of faith in this guy and they are banking on him being the next great star in MLB. Epstein and the rest of the Cubs front office have centered everything around Rizzo panning out, the Cubs success in the near future absolutely depends on this one kid. Epstein has a pretty good rack record and something eventually has to work out for a city that has been mired in sub par baseball and baseball players for a long time. I think that Rizzo is primed to be a star and help the Cubs move back towards being relevant again. All signs say that Rizzo has to succeed. The Cubs need it and quite frankly so does this city of Chicago. So as much as I love Hosmer here, I'm gonna say don't make the trade...because I think you have more value on your team right now and Rizzo coudl end up being that Pujols/Cargo/Trout keeper that you wish you had never let go.
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sigriffey » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:39 am

Trading Tulo makes sense but I'd try to get a surer bet than Hosmer. I bought low on him and he continues to drive me crazy, ESP with the PT.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:49 am

I think it comes down to who your current potential keepers are. You can keep 6 players at cost. If you already have 6 players with good salaries, then I would stand pat.

If Tulo comes back in early-mid August, you still get a month and half of production out of him. During the playoffs too, which helps. Though this is under the assumption that since Tulo is missing time now, he won't be benched come playoff time to preserve his health. Rizzo is a wildcard so who knows there.

Even though Hosmer would be battling some other guys for an active spot on your roster, his price tag is great IMO. He still has a lot of talent and would certainly bolster your keeper set if it is currently lacking.

Hope that helps..
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kslates » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:18 am

I'd try to move Tulo somewhere else first, but Hosmer has to bounce back next year and that's a great cost for him.

I agree with UC that it also depends on who your 6 current keepers are

Help me?
viewtopic.php?t=449493
kslates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions