Drop Nova for Bauer or Rizzo? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop Nova for Bauer or Rizzo? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Nova for Bauer or Rizzo? WHIR

Postby mcmbpd » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Ok guys, with two of the hottest prospects in MLB getting the call this week do you think that I should drop Nova for either Bauer or Rizzo? If so which one and why? If you happen to think that I should add both, who else would you drop from my roster for them? I was already thinking of dropping Kendrick and adding Ike Davis, but haven't done it yet...is anyone thinking Rizzo over Davis instead? Let me know, thanks. And as always leave me your links so I can help you out in return.

-12 team, mixed, H2H league
-Offensive Catgeories: Hits, Runs, Doubles, Triples, HRs, RBIs, AVG, SBs, CS, and Ks
-Pitching Categories: Wins, Loses, Complete Games, Shut Outs, BBs, Ks, ERA, Saves, and Blown Saves

Hitters:
C Jesus Montero
1B Hosmer (has been killing me, and didn't play again today!!! I'm still waiting patiently though)
2B Uggla
SS Jeter
3B Wright
OF M. Holliday
OF Jennings
OF Plouffe
UTIL Middlebrooks
Bench: Howie Kendrick, Kemp (DL), Berkman (DL)

Starting Pitching: Verlander, Price, Garza, McDonald, Vogelsong, and Nova

Closers: Jansen, Hanrahan, and Nathan (3 daily RP slots)
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop Nova for Bauer or Rizzo? WHIR

Postby rjforlife » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Nova is in a groove, I would surely not drop him for either of those 2. I could see dropping Plouffe for Rizzo, if you are one to really take a shot at a prospect. Outside of that, I wouldn't make any move.

Help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449468
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby wazzeus » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Considering Hosmer is your starting 1B (he's mine, too), you have to take a chance on Rizzo.

Rookie pitchers rarely dominate right away. I think Bauer will struggle at times because of his control issues. Not that he's not worth an add, but considering your roster, Rizzo is the bigger need.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mcmbpd » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Wow Wazz really? I mean I'm with you on Bauer, it's always tough for SPs especially to come into the big and dominate right away...and yeah he's definitely had his control issues in the past. Bauer has been absolutely dealing though recently, but I'm still gonna side with your skepticism initially on Bauer and just keep an eye on him for now. But drop Hosmer for Rizzo??? I know we had our disagreement about him last week on that one post concerning Rizzo, but do you really think that's a good idea for me at this point? I'm in 11th place in the league where I own Hosmer, and I'm just trying to make a run to get into the 6th and final playoff spot. You're not trying to get back at me for my opinion on Rizzo are you? lol jk I just don't know if I want to take a chance on the unproven Rizzo and possibly give up on a big Hosmer rebound. I've been carrying his cruddy stats all year, part of the reason I'm in 6th place, so to dump him now would mean I only accrued his bad statistics and make him a total loss. I mean I'm as tired as anyone with waiting for Hosmer, believe me...and today he was benched AGAIN. But dropping him for Rizzo? Wow that's hard to swallow...you really think that's a wise decision?
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wazzeus » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:20 am

I didn't say you should drop Hosmer for Rizzo, only that you should find a way to add Rizzo considering your 1B slot is a black hole. I have both on my roster. Hoping for improvement from Hoz, but he just looks lost, so I'm glad I have the safety net of Rizzo.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:08 am

rjforlife wrote:Nova is in a groove, I would surely not drop him for either of those 2. I could see dropping Plouffe for Rizzo, if you are one to really take a shot at a prospect. Outside of that, I wouldn't make any move.

Help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449468

I agree with this.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 48)

Postby redkanefox2009 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:30 am

Also agree that if you are going to make a move, I would drop Plouffe as he's likely to drop off eventually, and pick up Rizzo. I wouldn't drop Nova at this time and certainly not for a rookie pitcher no matter how much he's been dealing at the minor league level.

Help with mine please? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449501
redkanefox2009
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions