Offered Lincecum for Hanson, Bite? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Offered Lincecum for Hanson, Bite? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Offered Lincecum for Hanson, Bite? WHIR

Postby jruffus1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:26 pm

I am in a 12-team H2H Keeper league (6/6). I have been offered his Lincecum for my Hanson. Thoughts on this deal?

My Roster:

C - M Montero
1st - Goldscmidt
2nd - Kinsler
3rd - Lawrie
SS - Castro
OF - Ethier
OF - Bruce
OF - Reddick
Util - Ortiz

Bench: Kemp (DL), Rizzo, Morales

SPs:

Lester
Hanson
Wainwright
Harrison
McDonald
Beckett (DL)
Bauer

RPs:

Bell
Capps
Broxton
Casilla

Perkins
Holland
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Offered Lincecum for Hanson, Bite? WHIR

Postby Martain » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:37 pm

i would probably do it. Lincecum can't be this bad all year, i don't believe he just falls off the map for an entire season...
Martain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby exm » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:06 pm

Do it
exm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 84)

Postby jruffus1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 pm

bump
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SecretAgentMan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:28 am

Why would you trade one of the better young SPs for a guy that absolutly stinks (esp in a keeper)? What he did 2 years ago is not relevant and clearly Lincecum is not what he was. I would not do this deal on a bet. Lincecum is being cut in redraft leagues as people are giving up on him.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 774)

Postby kslates » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:15 am

I'd sit tight, no way would I do that

Help me?
viewtopic.php?t=449493
kslates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:21 am

This is a tough one.

Lincecum has been one of the most dominant pitchers in baseball when runners aren't on base. When runners get on base (or worse, scoring position) he just can't seem to locate his pitches. On the plus side, Lince has a K/9 of 9.87- his best since his Cy Young season in 2009. He has a BABIP that should go down a small notch. And he also has a horrible 60.3% strand rate, which HAS to go back up towards the 75% average. So these things tell me that he is still a good pitcher but suffering some bad luck (his FIP is 3.78, not bad). But Tim's BB/9 is also the highest its been (much higher with runners on base) and he is clearly suffering some kind of mental block when runners reach base.

All that said, I think Lincecum still has the stuff to be able to bound back. He can still get batters out (as evidenced by his K rate) but he needs to make an adjustment when runners are on. If he does, the old Lince is back.

Hanson is OK. Compared to his previous three seasons, he has a lower K/9, higher BB/9, and is giving up more HRs. He has been lucky as far as his BABIP and strand rate go. His FIP is 4.77. I'd expect he stays at the level he is on, possibly gets a tad worse.

IF you aren't in the top 2-3 teams (or close to it), I would make the trade for Lincecum. If he bounces back he will be GOLD come H2H playoff time too (he gets to pitch in all those large NL West parks, other than Coors).
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jruffus1 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:13 am

Urban Cohorts wrote:This is a tough one.

Lincecum has been one of the most dominant pitchers in baseball when runners aren't on base. When runners get on base (or worse, scoring position) he just can't seem to locate his pitches. On the plus side, Lince has a K/9 of 9.87- his best since his Cy Young season in 2009. He has a BABIP that should go down a small notch. And he also has a horrible 60.3% strand rate, which HAS to go back up towards the 75% average. So these things tell me that he is still a good pitcher but suffering some bad luck (his FIP is 3.78, not bad). But Tim's BB/9 is also the highest its been (much higher with runners on base) and he is clearly suffering some kind of mental block when runners reach base.

All that said, I think Lincecum still has the stuff to be able to bound back. He can still get batters out (as evidenced by his K rate) but he needs to make an adjustment when runners are on. If he does, the old Lince is back.

Hanson is OK. Compared to his previous three seasons, he has a lower K/9, higher BB/9, and is giving up more HRs. He has been lucky as far as his BABIP and strand rate go. His FIP is 4.77. I'd expect he stays at the level he is on, possibly gets a tad worse.

IF you aren't in the top 2-3 teams (or close to it), I would make the trade for Lincecum. If he bounces back he will be GOLD come H2H playoff time too (he gets to pitch in all those large NL West parks, other than Coors).

Thats the problem. I am currently in 1st place by 2 games and am unsure whether I should break the chemistry.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby redkanefox2009 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:24 am

I would go ahead and make the trade. It's been incredibly frustrating to see Lincecum be so bad for so much of this year, but despite your first place standing you have to be bold in order to win your league, and this is a chance I would be willing to take.

Help with mine please? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449501
redkanefox2009
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochieh » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:32 am

I remember offering my Hanson for Lincecum about a month ago. I am not so sure I would do it again now. Hanson is always solid, but I was looking to deal him because of all the stated reasons like walk rate and lower K's, but it's bad when everyone gets excited when a guy gives up 3 in 6 innings. Timmy is just such a risk right now. I always play with the assumption that I will make the playoffs and I look for guys to buy low, but I am balking at this move now and I think I would pass.

That really hurt... I'm a Timmy lover

Help is appreciated:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449503
moochieh
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions