Some Roster Housekeeping + droppables (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Some Roster Housekeeping + droppables (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Some Roster Housekeeping + droppables (WHIR)

Postby LightItUp95 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:41 am

12 team Keeper League, H2H points.

Yeah, so going through my roster, I feel like I'm holding onto guys I shouldn't be. I have a couple of players who I feel are droppable. I am in no hurry to drop any of these guys, but would just like some opinions one whether I should trade or drop someof these guys who are taking up roster spaces. For reference, we get 10 bench spots so the league is pretty deep, and it is not a holds league, only Saves and wins.

Scott Downs, RP (LAA): Yeah, pretty much lost the closer job straight up after Frieri came in and he went down (no pun intented) to rib cage soreness. He still sports great ratios and good K numbers, and will get a rogue save once in a blue moon; however, I have three other closers fighting for bench spots on my team, and once Andrew Bailey gets back, it'll be even harder to play Downs. Yet, I continue to hold on to him since if he does ever regain the closer job, he becomes a very valuable asset, closing for a contender. Is he droppable, or do I hold on at this point?

Sean Marshall, RP (CIN): Basically the same story as Downs, the only difference being I own his replacement. Great ratios with an ocassional rogue save here and there, was going to drop him earlier this week before Chapman donated -12 points to my fantasy team this week. I feel Chapman keeps the job, but part me doubts it (that and I can't understand any part of Dusty Baker's thought process). Droppable? tradable?

Dee Gordon, SS (LAD): He's been picking it up as of late, but he basically doesn't help at all because I don't really need many steals (I have Trout, Castro, and Lawrie for those), and he strikes out way too much. Plus, his streakiness is always a factor. I want to try and sell high on him while he's still scorchjing. Thinking about packaging him with Anibal Sanchez for a pitcher with higher upside (Madison Bumgarner, JZimm). Thoughts?

Logan Morrison, OF (MIA): Hot recently, but then sits for a day and gives me an 0-4 day. He's streaky, as is that entire team, one of the reasons I don't love him. He seems headed up though. Again, I'd trade him for maybe an upgrade in the pitching dep. or maybe try to buy low on someone. IDK. He's good, but not starting against lefties in a weekly league hurts.

Corey Hart, OF (MIL): Okay, so here's a guy I'm definitely not dropping. Hart isn't anything special really. I've tried to trade him for SP but all those offers were rejected (Originally him + Garza for King Felix before Pence + Garza for Felix). I want to trade him, but can't find the right offer. I'd like to upgrade this area, as he has been striking out a fair amount and donated me maybe a homer or RBI. Any suggestions?

Also, quick question; who do you drop for Wil Myers: Lonnie Chisenhall, Rajai Davis, Gerardo Parra, or Brandon Belt?

This is the team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=448778

Leave a link and I will help. Happy Hunting :P
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Some Roster Housekeeping + droppables (WHIR)

Postby rjforlife » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:47 am

It's ok to drop Downs as long as you have other closers. He doesn't have enough to value to waste a spot on.

Try to move Marshall, but he's also droppable as long as you have some viable pickup options.

I like the package option with Dee, he is just the sort of guy to upgrade a pitcher just as you described. Just be sure you upgrade to someone with some solid years behind him, not an unknow guy. Bumgarner/CJ Wilson are the types we are looking at here.

If you have to drop someone, I'd make it Chisenhall, but that's sort of up to you on how you are playing it this year.

Help:

viewtopic.php?t=449433
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 766)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Some Roster Housekeeping + droppables (WHIR)

Postby brila777 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:58 am

Think they are all droppable besides Hart, gordon may be saved. Belt would be a good add thats for sure.

Help viewtopic.php?t=449440
10 team h2h
C Jesus Montero
1b Butler
2b Phillips
3b Beltre
SS Rollins
OF Braun, Rios, Craig, De Aza
Util Ortiz
SP Felix, Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Haren, Hammel, T. Hudson, Lynn, Gee
RP Jansen, Reed, Cook, Santos DL
brila777