Rizzo Time - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rizzo Time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rizzo Time

Postby Element » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:18 pm

bigh0rt wrote:He gives me a massive broner. 4 HR in his last 5 days, dude is just crushing.

Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 685)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metropolitans » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:48 am

So how do we feel about this guy now??? He cooled off but still posted solid numbers

What's his upside going into 2013?

I didn't get to watch him enough to assess him but his stance and swing seemed odd to me, lots of odd motion and mid-pitch movement to get into a proper hitting stance

Is he a solid keeper if he ends up costing mid-late teen value?
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
BN LMartin,RMartin,Profar
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby fast dogs » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 pm

mid-teen cost; he's a definite keeper
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 280)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:56 am

Metropolitans wrote:So how do we feel about this guy now??? He cooled off but still posted solid numbers

I didn't get to watch him enough to assess him but his stance and swing seemed odd to me, lots of odd motion and mid-pitch movement to get into a proper hitting stance

He's looking like a perennial .300 - 30 - 100 guy, with upside in the power numbers to boot. Definitely a solid keeper and I'd be happy drafting him in a redraft league as my starting 1B.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02 am

RyeWhiskey wrote:
Metropolitans wrote:So how do we feel about this guy now??? He cooled off but still posted solid numbers

He's looking like a perennial .300 - 30 - 100 guy, with upside in the power numbers to boot. Definitely a solid keeper and I'd be happy drafting him in a redraft league as my starting 1B.
Hard to peg him as a perennial anything at this point. Also, expecting .300 when he's yet to show himself to be that type of average player along the way doesn't seem to be reasonable. He could certainly attain it, but it wouldn't be my expectation. .280 would be about where I peg him, with anything on top of that being a bonus. Also, he's certainly not above a major sophomore slump year in 2013. I like to think he could reach 30 HR as soon as next year in his first full season, but I'm skeptical on guys who have hot half-seasons and then teams get a full six months to fully break down tape and scout at the Major League level. I just think that expecting .300/30/100 will only lead to disappointment, never mind expecting it to be sustained, at this point.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby J35J » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:07 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
RyeWhiskey wrote:

Hard to peg him as a perennial anything at this point. Also, expecting .300 when he's yet to show himself to be that type of average player along the way doesn't seem to be reasonable. He could certainly attain it, but it wouldn't be my expectation. .280 would be about where I peg him, with anything on top of that being a bonus. Also, he's certainly not above a major sophomore slump year in 2013. I like to think he could reach 30 HR as soon as next year in his first full season, but I'm skeptical on guys who have hot half-seasons and then teams get a full six months to fully break down tape and scout at the Major League level. I just think that expecting .300/30/100 will only lead to disappointment, never mind expecting it to be sustained, at this point.

+1
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:22 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
RyeWhiskey wrote:

No doubt. What I meant was that at this point it looks like he could be that guy through his career. Hence he perennial comment. No one can be perennially good after one half season.
Could he slump? Absolutely - in fact, I'd bet on it. I'd bet on .275 - 25 - 80 for next season if I was a betting man. But I'm not.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Element » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:19 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
RyeWhiskey wrote:

;-D

I was thinking 0.275/25/85 for 2013. I tend to project more on the conservative side. Cases like Hosmer make me even more gun shy to go real bold. In fact, I am probably more likely to wait on Hosmer than pay any premium that may come with Rizzo.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 685)

Postby rjforlife » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:35 am

Hosmer burned my ass pretty good this season, I'm going to be gunshy on a lot of guys like Rizzo for the forseeable future. My team of Lawrie/Jennings/Hosmer taught me a valuable lesson.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers