Rizzo Time - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rizzo Time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rizzo Time

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:28 pm

wazzeus wrote:Finished 4-for-5 today. Now batting .375 through 10 games with four homers, seven runs and nine RBI.

If you're scoring at home, that's as many RBI as he had in 49 games last year with the Friars.
Padres, U MAD?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mr November » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:59 am

Where does Rizzo eventually project, in terms of 1B rankings eventually?

The reason I ask is because I have him and Votto in a keeper league and if I could get a nice haul for Votto it might be worth exploring if Rizzo projects to be say a top 5 1B. I really don't have to trade either as I have a utility spot, but if I could upgrade another spot it could be worth it.
Mr November
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby m16a » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:01 am

Dumped J. Montero to give a flyer on Rizzo. Penciled him into the lineup today. Fully expected 0/4 with 3Ks and a GIDP tonight. :-b
m16a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterFootball Mod
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sebby » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Mr November wrote:Where does Rizzo eventually project, in terms of 1B rankings eventually?

The reason I ask is because I have him and Votto in a keeper league and if I could get a nice haul for Votto it might be worth exploring if Rizzo projects to be say a top 5 1B. I really don't have to trade either as I have a utility spot, but if I could upgrade another spot it could be worth it.

Top 5 may be a stretch, but then again guys like Pujols, Konerko, Dunn, Berkman, Ortiz, Teixera, Gonzo, etc. are all on the wrong side of 30 and M-Cab is no longer a 1B and may not have eligibility in some leagues.

The only 2 that seem like a yearly lock for top 5 going forward are Votto and Fielder. Maybe Gonzo if he has a monster second half and rights the sinking ship that is his fantasy career. Trumbo and Encarnacion will probably never be as good again as they have been this season. Some guys that could jump forward are Freeman, Butler (you know he's got at least one .325-35-120 year in him), Goldschmidt, Hosmer, and Alonso.

I think for next year I'd put Rizzo behind Pujols, Votto, Fielder, and M-Cab (if eligible) for sure, and possibly behind Konerko, Gonzo, Freeman, and Trumbo, depending on how the rest of the year shakes out.

I think Rizzo is probably a safe bet to be a top 10 1B the next couple years and top 5 by 2015. By that time it may be Votto and him at the top of the heap.

Obviously it would be nice to keep both, but I would at least put out some feelers to see what Votto could potentially fetch. I did the same with Hamilton earlier this year and nearly pulled in Braun and CC for him -- unfortunately the other guy got cold feet and didn't go through with it, but you get the picture. It only takes one other owner out of the 9 or 11 or however many others you have in your league to turn your ounce of platinum into several of gold, so to speak.
sebby
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RyeWhiskey » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Mr November wrote:Where does Rizzo eventually project, in terms of 1B rankings eventually?

I would keep them both and use one at UTIL. My reasoning is that while I am a huge Rizzo fan (and own him in a keeper league), there's no really telling how he'll pan out. So if you deal Votto for an upgrade and Rizzo gets injured or slumps or can't work it out, then you're screwed at 1B. Whereas if you keep them both you can potentially reap huge benefits from them both and secure yourself against a possible regression.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Metropolitans » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:08 pm

All this talk about Trout but Not nearly enough talk about my man A-Rizzo!!!

Since he's been called up, dudes lookin at 36/109 with a line of 15-8-20-1-.330. ;-D

Between him and Trout, all of my teams have been rejuvenated and I'm sitting on 2 MONSTER KEEPERS!

I'm not saying he's in Trouts league but he has been a beast in his own right and deserves to at least be on the front page daily! :-D
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
BN LMartin,RMartin,Profar
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:11 pm

He gives me a massive broner. 4 HR in his last 5 days, dude is just crushing.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby Metropolitans » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:50 pm

bigh0rt wrote:He gives me a massive broner. 4 HR in his last 5 days, dude is just crushing.

Massive broner, hahaha that's great ;-D

But yes, dudes raking right now!!
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Thursday » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:46 pm

Big fan of Rizzo here as well, i have him in my keep-4 league. I can't help but wondering if he's a round 7-8 talent for next year though.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metropolitans » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:35 am

Another solid game by A-Rizzo... 2-4, with 1 hr n 3 rbis, putting him at 9 hrs and 23 rbis on the season and thru 33 games... To put him on a 162 game pace of 44-113-.310 .... I'm not naive enough to believe he won't struggle at some point but he appears to be a legit power hitter and an absolute gem in keeper leagues. He's certainly on all of my fantasy rosters and has provided great power since being called up, lovin me some Anthony Rizzo!

PS, I haven't been able to watch him much but i have seen em play a few times and his batting stance, namely his hand position, is a bit strange... his hands are low and it looks like it'd be difficult to get his hands into the hitting zone but he's clearly able to do so. He appears to lift them in time but it just looks awkward. I guess if it isn't broke, don't fix it... Anyone else able to watch him and notice this as well??? I'm curious of ur opinions or if u agree that his hands are positioned oddly
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
SP Stras