Ike Davis or Middlebrooks? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Ike Davis or Middlebrooks? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ike Davis or Middlebrooks? WHIR

Postby Element » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Middlebrooks. That lineup ... that ballpark ... plus position adds value, IMO. I do like Ike too, but you're going to need to dump someone when Kemp comes back anyway. Kendricks looks like a goner to me.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 793)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ATLbraves » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Yeah I would drop Kendrick and Fowler for Davis and Middlebrooks personally. I am a fan of Kendrick and I do think he will come out of his slump at some point but there is really no telling when that'll be. So it's not worth waiting around for when you can get Davis and Middlebrooks who are both legit imo.

Just monitor Kendrick closely, if he starts to show signs of life then I would find a way to get him back on your roster.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mcmbpd » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks guys. And I also appreciate the Mets fan's perspective...as I just simply havent been able to watch many of the Met's games on the MLB network. I don't own any Mets other than David Wright, and I don't feel the need to check on him or watch what he's doing every night, thank god, lol...and knock on wood, keep it going David! lol I'll definitely take a closer look at Davis though over the nextfew days. If he could come close to producing that kind of stat line then I would be absolutely blown away. Those are pretty lofty numbers dconsidering where he is right now, especially if he's gonna keep batting 7th. But hey, if he can do that then I would love to own him. I agree with everybody on Middlebrooks as well, if he starts for the ROS then he could be something special in Beantown. Ok so it looks like I'll definitely pick up Will and Fowler will fall under the axe, thank god! lol And I'll be keeping a close eye on Kendrick and Davis. Kendrick's position elgibility is his real value to me, esepcially if he turns things around...if not though, and Davis keeps heating up then I'll be looking to make that switch as well. Thanks again guys, I appreciate all your help and input.
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:03 pm

mcmbpd wrote:Thanks guys. And I also appreciate the Mets fan's perspective...as I just simply havent been able to watch many of the Met's games on the MLB network. I don't own any Mets other than David Wright, and I don't feel the need to check on him or watch what he's doing every night, thank god, lol...and knock on wood, keep it going David! lol I'll definitely take a closer look at Davis though over the nextfew days. If he could come close to producing that kind of stat line then I would be absolutely blown away. Those are pretty lofty numbers dconsidering where he is right now, especially if he's gonna keep batting 7th. But hey, if he can do that then I would love to own him. I agree with everybody on Middlebrooks as well, if he starts for the ROS then he could be something special in Beantown. Ok so it looks like I'll definitely pick up Will and Fowler will fall under the axe, thank god! lol And I'll be keeping a close eye on Kendrick and Davis. Kendrick's position elgibility is his real value to me, esepcially if he turns things around...if not though, and Davis keeps heating up then I'll be looking to make that switch as well. Thanks again guys, I appreciate all your help and input.

Just to clarify, I didn't say Davis would hit .275 at the end of this year. He stunk it up for far too long for him to get there at this point. If he gets to .240, he had a great 2nd half of the season. Those were more of my projections for a year in which he didn't stink for the first two months of the season.

Thoughts on my deal?
viewtopic.php?t=449404
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby mcmbpd » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Yeah I understood what you were saying...but thanks for the clarification. I agree, he just simply won't be able to reach that kind of AVG. in the 2nd half given his terrible start to the season...but as you said, if he can get to .240-.250 that would still mean that he's giving some excellent production worthy of rostering for the ROS. The way he started last year, before that terrible ankle/leg injury in 2011, actually had me thinking he was going to be even a little higher than that...maybe a .280-.290 AVG in 2012. I mean he was absolutely killing it before the injury occured. Similarly to Middlebrooks, he needs to cut down on that K:BB ratio in order to see those kind of AVG numbers...but both of these guys have very legit power and their HRs and RBIs should definitely balance out or more than make up for any negative impact their Ks or AVGs should have on my team. And I'm gonna take a look at your topic and help you out right now.
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcmbpd » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Just an update...I added Middlebrooks and dropped Kendrick earlier today. Fowler had a great game this afternoon, and Davis was sick and didn't play today, so I held onto Fowler for the time being. I'll probably add Davis during tomorrow's game if he plays. Of course Kendrick had his 2nd good game in three days so I might have to keep a close eye on him...cuz if he's coming out of his slump and Plouffe is coming back down to earth for good then I might look at swapping out Kendrick for Plouffe as an insurance policy for Uggla. I forgot to tell you guys something else too...another big reason why I hope this Middlebrooks thing works out and that he has a great ROS is because way back in May, before Trout had done anything and Middlebrooks was on a tear, I dropped Trout and added Middlebrooks. Right after that is when Trout went on his amazing run that hasn't ended and won't, somebody else picked him up before I could, and I've been regretting it ever since. I dropped Middlebrooks later when his playing time was being cut down. That move could have single handedly cost me the title this year, but hopefully now the re-emergence of Middlebrooks will be the sweet justice my teams needs to get back into the playoff race. Thanks again to all those who helped me with this decision. Greatly appreciated.
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions