Ike Davis or Middlebrooks? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Ike Davis or Middlebrooks? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ike Davis or Middlebrooks? WHIR

Postby mcmbpd » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Who will have the better 2nd half this year. It seems like Davis has really started to turn things around at this point and is primed for a big 2nd half. His power is obviously legit and he seems to have made some adjustments to his approach at the plate that have him going in the opposite direction of that terrible 2.5 months. On the other hand I think that Middlebrooks is also a hudge young talent that is just waiting to be fully unleashed everyday once Boston trades Youkilis and removes Middlebrooks only obstacle to greatness (an everyday spot). So who is going to have the better 2nd half Davis or Middlebrooks? and why? Thanks in advance for your replies and leaves your links so I can help you out.
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ike Davis or Middlebrooks? WHIR

Postby wazzeus » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Middlebrooks. A Youkilis trade is inevitable, so playing time won't be an issue. And the Red Sox score runs in bushels. Middlebrooks will be quite valuable batting every day in the middle of that lineup the rest of the season. The fact he plays a shallow position only adds to his value.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mcmbpd » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Given my formatand players, is there anybody you would drop right now to add Middlebrooks? and should he be added now or would you wait until that trade happens? (could/might be too late then I guess) Thanks

-12 team, mixed, non-keeper, H2H league
-Offensive Catgeories: Hits, Runs, Doubles, Triples, HRs, RBIs, AVG, SBs, CS, and Ks
-Pitching Categories: Wins, Loses, Complete Games, Shut Outs, BBs, Ks, ERA, Saves, and Blown Saves

Hitters:
C Jesus Montero
1B Hosmer
2B Uggla
SS Jeter
3B Wright
OF M. Holliday
OF Jennings
OF Fowler
UTIL Plouffe
Bench: Howie Kendrick, Kemp (DL), Berkman (DL)

Starting Pitching: Verlander, Price, Garza, McDonald, Vogelsong, and Nova

Closers: Jansen, Hanrahan, and Nathan (3 daily RP slots)
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wazzeus » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 pm

I prefer him over Kendrick, Fowler and Plouffe.

Bobby V told Youkilis today that he's going to be riding pine for a while. Pretty good sign that Middlebrooks is a starter going forward, trade or no trade. (There will be a trade, though.)
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mcmbpd » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 pm

ok cool, thanks. I think since Plouffe qualifies at 2B, SS, 3B, and Of and Kendrick gives me flexibility at 1B, 2B, and OF they present more value than Fowler. Just in case something happens to Jeter, Wright, Uggla, or Hosmer I would hope that either Plouffe of Kendrick could fill in if needed. I've been looking for an excuse to dump Fowler forever and this might be just the perfect reason. So drop Fowler and add Middlebrooks ya think?
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wazzeus » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:27 pm

mcmbpd wrote:So drop Fowler and add Middlebrooks ya think?

Sure. I'd only start Fowler if all six or seven games that week were at home anyway.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mcmbpd » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:33 pm

yeah, you're right and that's the only way I've been starting him...strictly home games in Coors. His hot streak in May seems like it was eons ago right now and I love Middlebrooks power potential paired with that BoSox lineup...I'm just hoping he can cut down a bit on his K:BB ratio...but if he can maintain an AVG near .300, hit close to 20 HRs or more, and drive in around 80 runs I'd be totally thrilled with that kind of production. I'm thinking he's more than capable of accomplishing that given the opportunity to play everyday. I don't think I could ever hope for those kind of numbers from Fowler, even if he played all 162 at Coors lol
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcmbpd » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:03 am

Bump

Anybody else out there?
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby justhangin » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:55 am

id drop kendrick, who is terrible. keep plouffe and fowler
justhangin
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:46 am

If I were you, I'd try to find a way to add them both. I'd definitely drop Kendrick for one, and then I'd even consider dropping Fowler for Davis. As a Mets fan, he's looked lost most of the year but the switch definitely flipped for him and he looks much, much better at the plate. In a year where he didn't stink it up the first two months, you can bank on .275 30hrs 100rbis out of him. That's value that shouldn't be on the waiver wire.

Thoughts?
viewtopic.php?t=449404
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions