can only keep a player 3 years
ratking20
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: big trade, need help?

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:46 pm

So do you lose Braun at the end of the year anyway (back to FA pool?)? If so then I would say that taking Hosmer and Co. is a pretty solid call - if it's not that simple I'm always conflicted for giving up the best player in the deal and really only getting one guy with star-level talent in return ...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jfg » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Yeah, I'd have to see the contracts and if they expire or how much they go up yearly.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby ratking20 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:55 am

5x5 roto $260 to spend at auction. can sign up to 3 years after year he is auctioned

braun will cost me 43 next year, 45 the next, then back into the pool(already signed) its the first of his 3 year contract
pagan will cost me 8 next year, 11 the next and then 13 final year(if i were to sign him)
plouffe will cost me 15 next year, 18 the next, and 20 the final year(if i were to sign him)
scherzer will cost me 25 next year, 28 the year after, and 30 the final(if i were to sign him)

hosmer will cost me 18 next year, and 20 the final year(already signed) its the first of his 3 year contract
arenado will cost me 8 next year, 11 the next, and 13 the final year(if i were to sign him)
bauer will cost me 8 next year, 11 the next, and 13 the final year(if i were to sign him)
reed will cost me 8 next year, 11 the next and 13 the final year(if i were to sign him)

*plouffe was undrafted. all undrafted pickups are $10, thats why his price was that high
i have the option to sign players for up to 3 years. first year hes at auction price, then after signed it is +5, then +3, then +2
* i dont think braun will be kept at that price from owner i would trade him to
*the owner im trading with has posey as well who i could keep for just next year at 11
ratking20
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ratking20 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:04 pm

anyone?
ratking20
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor