Kemp for D Wright and Cliff Lee???? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Kemp for D Wright and Cliff Lee???? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kemp for D Wright and Cliff Lee???? WHIR

Postby alexeroberts » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks in advance! 11 team 5x5, "keep your 5 best" league.

My Roster 3 days ago:
BATS CI, MI, 5 OF league, 1 U: Posey, Hosmer, Pedroia, Castro, Reynolds, Hill, Morneau, Hart, Joyce, BJ Upton, Victorino, Rajai, Headley
ARMS: Kershaw, CC, Wainwright, Garza, Hanson, Sale, Aroldis, Hanrahan.
Bench: Lind, Mayberry, Boesch, Morrow, Capuano

My pitching is dominant and my bats have been in serious trouble. I have just made two trades:
Wainwright + Draft Pick next year for Kipnis
CC for Austin Jackson and Tim Hudson

So I downgraded my pitching bigtime to get serious help on offense.

NOW, I am wondering if I should trade Kemp for Wright and Cliff Lee. I think on value alone it's a very solid deal, but I can't decide if I should let my first two trades sink in and take affect, or if i should pull the trigger. Thoughts appreciated...
alexeroberts
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kemp for D Wright and Cliff Lee???? WHIR

Postby mayor quimby » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:07 pm

I'd do that. David Wright is going to continue to be nails, probably seeing an increase in HR as the year goes on.

Cliff Lee is going to likely be traded to a contender getting wins for a change, possibly in a worse division than the NL east.

Who knows if Kemp will return to full form. Whenever a guy comes back from an injury and reaggravates the injury, that is always a HORRIBLE sign. Plus the fact last year was his only great year and he must be healthy if he has any chance of keeping up those numbers, which I didn't think he could in the first place personally.

take it.
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Kempire » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:15 pm

The first trade you made was really good but the second one not so much. you gave up to much so to little and it was a 2 for 1 deal and kemp may come off the DL soon

do not trade kemp for david wright and cliff lee...

david wright will not be good next year if you keep him(hes in a contract year this year) and the phillies could be entering a rebuilding stage in the next few years.

CC>LEE... i think giving up CC screwed u over big time.

If your in contention this year id say you pull the trigger. Just think about who ur keeping next year if you dont make the deal.... kershaw, kemp, kipnis, pedroia, starlin...if you make the deal it would probably be kershaw, lee, wright, kipnis, starlin(or maybe sale)...i say you dont do the deal and just plan on rebuilding your pitching in the draft and only keep kershaw for pitching

Look at my trade:

viewtopic.php?t=449365i think u really screwed yourself over by trading CC....your keepers would have been cc, kershaw, kemp, kipnis, starlin
Kempire
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby alexeroberts » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Kempire wrote:The first trade you made was really good but the second one not so much. you gave up to much so to little and it was a 2 for 1 deal and kemp may come off the DL soon

do not trade kemp for david wright and cliff lee...

david wright will not be good next year if you keep him(hes in a contract year this year) and the phillies could be entering a rebuilding stage in the next few years.

CC>LEE... i think giving up CC screwed u over big time.

If your in contention this year id say you pull the trigger. Just think about who ur keeping next year if you dont make the deal.... kershaw, kemp, kipnis, pedroia, starlin...if you make the deal it would probably be kershaw, lee, wright, kipnis, starlin(or maybe sale)...i say you dont do the deal and just plan on rebuilding your pitching in the draft and only keep kershaw for pitching

Look at my trade:

viewtopic.php?t=449365i think u really screwed yourself over by trading CC....your keepers would have been cc, kershaw, kemp, kipnis, starlin

appreciate your thoughts.

i don't think i screwed myself with CC. firstly my pitching stats (W, ERA, WHIP, K) are dominating the league, and my R and AVG are both in last. I think AJacks is the real deal and will finish over 300avg and 100 runs. i think he'll be a borderline keeper at the very least and a definite keeper if he keeps it up. Also, pitching is usually much more plentiful in this league. Our hitting rosters are much deeper, so it's generally harder to acquire a very good bat than a very good arm.

Also, it's very common to trade extra keepers for draft picks, and 2 keepers for one, so i can upgrade in the offseason before next draft...

thanks again
alexeroberts
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby pcm4 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks for the help with mine. I'd keep Kemp because it's a keeper league. When healthy Kemp is one of the top assets in all of fantasy baseball. While D Wright and Lee are great players I'm not sure this trade is worth it past this season so unless you really wanted to make a push for this year's title I wouldn't do it.
pcm4
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby exm » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Keep Kemp.
exm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 76)

Postby lyons595 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:06 pm

I'd go for it. Wright is the best 3B and adding the value of C Lee to the swap tilts the scales in your favor. Kemp is a great bat, but who knows when he'll be back.

help, please: viewtopic.php?t=449381
lyons595
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 201)

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:56 am

Just to correct some misinformation from above, Wright is not in a contract year this year. He has a club option (will clearly be picked up) which makes his contract year next year. He can hit the FA market after 2013, not 2012.

That being said, I don't think that makes all that much of a difference and I'd make this deal. Wright is only a few notches below Kemp, and with Kemp's injuries, he loses a slight bit of value. Cliff Lee, an ace by any definition, makes this a deal to make in my book.

Thoughts?
viewtopic.php?t=449404
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions