Trout/Longoria for Adrian Beltre/Rodney/De Aza WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trout/Longoria for Adrian Beltre/Rodney/De Aza WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trout/Longoria for Adrian Beltre/Rodney/De Aza WHIR

Postby surista » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:12 am

Standard 5x5, 12-team mixed, five keepers. I'm currently in 2nd place, 2 points behind the leader and 10 points ahead of a bunch of teams at 3rd-6th. I'm first in HRs, RBIs, SBs, 3rd in Runs, and 7th in Average. I'm 2nd in ERA and WHIP, 6th in Ks, and 9th in Wins and Saves. I don't really like chasing Wins, and in any case I generally like my core SP.

Five keepers - my probably keeper options are Braun in the 1st round, Longoria wouldn't be one of my keepers, Hamilton in the 2nd, Castro in the 3rd, Sale in the 15th, Hosmer in the 24th round, Montero in the 25th and Trout in the 26th round. I just recently traded Haren and Beltran for Kipnis and Hamilton.

With Longoria now on indefinite rehab as of last night, I put out a feeler in my league saying I'd entertain offers for him. I've been offered Adrian Beltre (shores up 3B), Fernando Rodney (should shore up Saves) and Alejandro De Aza (rookie with potential) in return for Longoria and Trout.

Longoria has been out for 6 weeks, rehab has been put on 'indefinite hold', and there's no telling when he'll be back or if he'll be injured again, so this is almost like a 1-for-3 trade for the next month or so right?. But Trout very well could be a top-five player in baseball for the next 10 years, and I can draft him in the early 20s for four more years. With Trout, Braun, Castro, Kipnis, and Sale/Moore, I'd have a monster core for my team. Am I crazy to turn this down?

C Matt Wieters (Bal - C)
1B Eric Hosmer (KC - 1B)
2B Jason Kipnis (Cle - 2B)
3B Mike Aviles (Bos - 2B,3B,SS)
SS Starlin Castro (ChC - SS)
OF Ryan Braun (Mil - OF)
OF Mike Trout (LAA - OF)
OF Josh Hamilton (Tex - OF)
Util Will Middlebrooks (Bos - 3B)
Util Jesus Montero (Sea - C)
SP Ian Kennedy (Ari - SP)
SP Matt Moore (TB - SP,RP)
RP Rafael Betancourt (Col - RP)
RP Jim Johnson (Bal - RP)
P Chris Sale (CWS - SP,RP)
P Scott Downs (LAA - RP)
P Colby Lewis (Tex - SP)
P Greg Holland (KC - RP)
BN Adam Dunn (CWS - 1B,OF)
BN Anthony Rizzo (ChC - 1B) NA
BN Drew Stubbs (Cin - OF) DL
DL Evan Longoria (TB - 3B) DL
BN Matt Garza (ChC - SP)
BN Anibal Sánchez (Mia - SP)
surista
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trout/Longoria for Adrian Beltre/Rodney/De Aza WHIR

Postby kslates » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:24 am

I would hang onto what you have. Trout IMO is a steal in the 26th round and would take a lot more than that for me to trade him

Help me?
viewtopic.php?t=449159
kslates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)

Postby silverZ » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:03 am

Trout in the 26th round? Don't trade him for anything. Beltre is nice, but not nearly enough. Rodney is still Rodney, I refuse to believe he'll be a stud all year, and De Aza is only slightly above replacement level in a 12 team.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby juliown1028 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:26 am

Thanks for the help on mine.

I'd say keep Trout. The guy is producing even better than former fantasy first rounder Carl Crawford in his prime at the age of 20! Future seasons of 20-60 or 30-50 seem very possible for him, he's basically on pace for a 20-60 season had he been with the angels from the start of the season. He's a potential first overall pick for multiple years in the future. Keep him, he's a very rare talent.
"Chuck Norris has been known to throw a baseball 100 mph. I've been known to throw Chuck Norris 100 mph." - Brian Wilson
juliown1028
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions