WHIR...Carl Crawford??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

WHIR...Carl Crawford???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WHIR...Carl Crawford???

Postby mcmbpd » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm thinking of adding Crawford to my DL list once Kemp finally comes back from the DL (whenever that is, early July is the earliest I've heard). I'm allowed 2 DL slots in my league and right now I hve Kemp and Berkman in those slots. I'm hoping that maybe Berkman and Crawford could help me with some production in the stretch run, not so much now (or anytime soon), but could be helpful in August and September if I can make it into the playoffs. They could be great additions if they can return and contribute later imo. My question is with Crawford though...will he be able to return and produce anything worth owning? what are your thoughts? I stupidly drafted Crawford in the 6th round this year, and I'm still paying for that decision right now. I dropped him and moved on. Now all signs point to a return sometime in July. But it sounds like his elbow is still all messed up, has to alter his throwing motion ect. So I think he really needs surgery but is trying to comeback anyway. Also, the Boston OF is already super crowded. Where will he play, DH? I just don't know what to think about this guy, especially since he did so poorly last year. What do you guys think? Worth a DL add to see what happens? or at least prevent somebody else from speculating on him? Thanks and leave your links!
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WHIR...Carl Crawford???

Postby mcmbpd » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:53 pm

sorry, here's my league/roster info again

-12 team, mixed, H2H league
-Offensive Catgeories: Hits, Runs, Doubles, Triples, HRs, RBIs, AVG, SBs, CS, and Ks
-Pitching Categories: Wins, Loses, Complete Games, Shut Outs, BBs, Ks, ERA, Saves, and Blown Saves

Hitters: C Jesus Montero, 1B Hosmer, 2B Uggla, SS Jeter, 3B Wright, OF M. Holliday, OF Jennings, OF Fowler, UTIL Plouffe. Bench: Howie Kenrick, Kemp (DL), Berkman (DL)

Starting Pitching: Verlander, Garza, Price, McDonald, Vogelsong, and Nova

Closers: Jansen, Hanrahan, and Nathan (3 daily RP slots)
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Kempire » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:08 pm

I have the same situation. Crawford was unreliable last year due to injury and no one knows how he will bounce back from this. I picked up berkman because they are saying he will be back june 29, thats only ten days. I'd say you trade fowler and kendrick(If you cant just drop them, they both suck) then add crawford and someone else. In ten days when berkman gets back put crawford on the DL from your bench. That was my plan until someone picked up crawford... crawford will not DH cause ortiz is there and they have problems with the DH position and interleague play. Ellsbury is out so he should play outfield
Kempire
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Kempire » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Kempire
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions