Shane Reynolds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shane Reynolds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shane Reynolds

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:22 pm

Just wondering what you guys thought of Shane Reynolds here? I was able to pick him up in the 25th round of my 12 team draft. This is my first post so hopefully I am in the right forum/section for posting this. Thanks. Oh and by the way, Reynolds would be like either my 5th starter or on the bench for a little bit unless he got hot. I have Hudson/Mussina/Pettitte/L. Hernandez/Weaver/Mays/Marquis. Thanks!!!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby timkell » Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:08 pm

I wouldn't expect a lot from Reynolds. He could surprise, but I wouldn't rely on him. Your staff is pretty good for a 12 team league, so if you have a feeling about him that you want to work with, I would leave him on the bench and see how he performs in the first month.

That said, don't have any loyalty to him. He starts struggling, or he starts to develop a bunch of "minor" injuries, you drop him. He's not worth holding onto for a whole season. There are plenty of pitchers out ther worth taking a gamble on.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MikeeDee » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:28 am

Pitchers who play half their games in hitters parks are usually not guys you wanna take a gamble on. I like your other picthers. Like Timkell said, don't be too loyal to the guy. There are plenty of young guys with way more upside. (is Peavy available?)
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:19 am

just checked, peavy is still available, do you think he is better than reynolds?

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:53 am

I wouldn't count on Reynolds at all. He's coming off a bunch of injuries, plus he's pretty damn old. I would go with Peavy.

Return to Baseball Leftovers