Keeper league trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper league trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper league trade

Postby Effrum » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:54 am

10 team roto keeper league. My original team plan hasn't worked out too well this year. I had 3 closers at the beginning of the season, Kimbrel, Mariano, and League. Obviously as of right now, I only have 1, so i'm hurting for saves. My team ERA isn't great either. I've been offered Santiago Casilla and Brandon McCarthy for Kimbrel. Should I do this trade, why or why not? And if so, who should I drop? (Personally, i'd be leaning towards dropping Daisuke or Martinez) Here is my team:
Jesus Montero
Miguel Montero
Adam Dunn
Jose Altuve
Brett Lawrie
Jose Reyes
Michael Young
Aramis Ramirez
Melky Cabrera
JD Martinez
David Murphy
Michael Saunders
Dayan Viciedo
Ben Revere
Pedro Alvarez
Trevor Plouffe
Andrew McCutchen
Matt Kemp
David Ortiz
Emilio Bonafacio

Josh Beckett
Clay Buchholz
Chris Capuano
Wei-Yin Chen
Doug Fister
Craig Kimbrel
Brandon League
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Jordan Zimmermann
Yu Darvish
Johan Santana
Effrum
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Keeper league trade

Postby Element » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:47 am

I wouldn't do that trade. From the sounds of things your entire team is struggling, yes? If that's the case Kimbrel + another vet (Dunn maybe) could net you a stronger keeper option at the deadline. Depending upon how the saves category looks, I may look to just scrap it completely. I'm in a similar situation in my cash league. It's gonna take a lot of work/luck to catch up to the pack. There is still to gain realistically and little to lose. Depending upon what your IP limit is, you're better off filling your RP spots with some setup guys with good ratios.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper league trade

Postby ahcryky » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:44 am

Element wrote:I wouldn't do that trade. From the sounds of things your entire team is struggling, yes? If that's the case Kimbrel + another vet (Dunn maybe) could net you a stronger keeper option at the deadline. Depending upon how the saves category looks, I may look to just scrap it completely. I'm in a similar situation in my cash league. It's gonna take a lot of work/luck to catch up to the pack. There is still to gain realistically and little to lose. Depending upon what your IP limit is, you're better off filling your RP spots with some setup guys with good ratios.

Agree........ Nothing to gain in that trade. RP's show up all the time during the year. Not knowing how many position players you start, because you seem to have a lot, I would start looking to package some of them to help out your pitching.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449092
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions