Bourn,Garza,Worley for Hosmer, Tomlin, Hart?(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Bourn,Garza,Worley for Hosmer, Tomlin, Hart?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bourn,Garza,Worley for Hosmer, Tomlin, Hart?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:49 pm

16 team league, auction type with 310 dollar cap, can keep as many players as you want per year, points league with pitchers slightly favored, H2H, currently 3-7 and in 12th place. :-t , players increase by 3 dollars each year kept.

A couple guys in my league really want Hosmer from me. One guy told me to make him an offer and another guy sent me an offer:

Here is what I am thinking about offering: My Hosmer(2)(great value), Tomlin(5), and Hart(14) for his Bourn(10), Garza(17), and Worley(4).

Here is what I have been offered: My Hosmer(2), Ramos(13), Asdrubal(11), Tomlin(5), Motte(4), McCutchen(34) for CarGo(43), Butler(22), Ruiz(1), Frazier(1), Alonso(2) and Pomeranz(prospect worth a dollar if called up)

What do you guys think? Would you do either of these deals or should I stay put?

My Team:

Miggy(55)
McCutchen(34)
KInsler(31)
Posey(25)
Pence(21)
Hart(14)
Kendrick(19)
Asdrubal(11)
Maybin(5)
Hosmer(2)
Alicedes Escobar(1)

Hanranhan(10)
Volquez(10)
Wolf(8)
Norris(6)
Saunders(6)
League(6)
Tomlin(5)
Motte(4)
AJ Burnett(4)
Jansen(4)
Lowe(4)
Cobb(1)
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1219)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bourn,Garza,Worley for Hosmer, Tomlin, Hart?(WHIR)

Postby jonboycubs » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:03 pm

I like the trade where you get Cargo most, since you have Miggy you do not need to keep Hosmer at first. So I would see if you can re configure that trade a bit to get you some more help
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Postby cannonarm21 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:13 pm

I don't really like either trade for you. Your team is pretty solid, I would not drastically change. Maybe look at doing more of a 1 for 1. Hosmer for a SP.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby brianrapp » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:16 pm

No way on the second trade. In all seriousness, I would be on here asking for advice on the first trade. So, can't help you much there.
brianrapp
College Coach
College Coach

Postby plapre3 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:44 pm

I wouldn't touch either of these deals with a 10 foot pole. If you are going to deal Hosmer, it should be for a go for it now type of trade. Quite honestly, with your record I'm not sure that's the move to make anyway since Hosmer is crazy valuable long-term and in both deals you aren't getting really any future value. That seems a lot to risk on a 12th place team. That said, I don't really see how they offer much present value either. I'd espeically avoid the 2nd deal since the upgrade from McCutch to CarGo isn't that great anyway.

Thanks for the help on mine.
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jruffus1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:49 pm

I would stick with your current players. Your team looks good as is.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)

Postby mcmbpd » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Looks like you've been the recipient of some bad luck this year Kid. I feel you pain, my roster isn't quite as solid as yours offensively, but I've also been the victim of some bad luck in the first 2.5 months of the season that has me sitting 11th out of 12. So I'm simply saying that I totally understand you feeling that you need to make some changes to move out of the basement. I agree with the other posts here though, I don't think either of these two trades are going to make your team any better...especially right now. I also agree with the post stating that you can definitely afford to move Hosmer since you'll have Miggy filling that slot for a while. Hosmer is you chip to play with here and you should really use him to get that pitching help in a 1 for 1 deal. You need pitching help in the worst way and if I were you I'd be trying to get a good, relatively young, SP in excahnge for Hosmer...someone that has proven talent at the major league level, but also has some nice upside like Hosmer does. A 1 for 1 deal should be you target here...lots of players wanna offer 2 for 1 or 3 for 1, but to me all that says is that they are trying to give up as little as possible to get what they want. They don't want to deal their quality SP straight up for Hosmer because that's too risky in their mind...well that's what you want to force them to do because that's what you need bro. Sit tight and work for that 1 for 1 deal, you can get it!
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcmbpd » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:38 pm

and as always, thanks again for you help with my questions on Pods. I always appreciate your input and your one of a handful of ppl in here who actually helps me out on a consistent basis and offers some real insight.
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nyr199435 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:24 pm

I would stand pat for now. Your team looks fine as is, and I don't like the value in either of those deals. Thanks for the help on mine!!
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaiser » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:25 pm

I think I would stick with what you have. Hosmer's long term potential in your league is worth more than the short term gain you may achieve by dealing him now. I don't see major benefit in either one of those deals for you.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 307)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions