Drop Lince--BUM!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop Lince--BUM!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Lince--BUM!!!

Postby NYG1119 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:23 am

Okay I've had enough...if you can't have a quality start against SD or SEA, I feel their is no way he is ever gonna turn it around.

Now my starting pitching is supposedly "good" but I think it's time to drop him because I posted on my league for someone to give me an offer and for a week no one has even attempted.

My SP: Lynn, Shields, Bumgarner, Buchholz, Hughes, McCarthy*, Beckett+, Halladay+, Lincecum

So as you can see I'm having no luck at the position...I pulled off an amazing trade for Halladay before he got hurt which turns the trade in my opponent's favor. I just picked up Buchholz and Hughes because I just need to find a hot hand and go with them. I have the worst league ERA (10-teams) and I'm on the verge of getting shutout this week (0-12) in categories...something that hasn't been done this year.

Is it worth it to drop Lincecum for any of these free agents:

Trevor Cahill
Jarrod Parker
James McDonald
Dillon Gee
Bronson Arroyo
Vance Worley
Joe Saunders
NYG1119
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Drop Lince--BUM!!!

Postby MaudDib » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Well I probably wouldn't drop Linc but I can't really say that you have to keep him. You are right about SD and SEA. McDonald and Cahill have been pretty good. I would probably grab McDonald first.

Actually what I would probably do is stream pitchers. Maybe drop McCarthy and grab McDonald and drop Linc for a streaming spot. Odds are pretty good someone will grab Linc so be aware that if you drop him and he turns it around you will just lose out on any improvement. If I owned Linc in any league I would probably give it another month and then make the move after the all-star break.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop Lince--BUM!!!

Postby NYG1119 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Lol someone went on a waiver wire binge and Cahill and McDonald both got scooped up while I got multiple offers yesterday...I guess everyone waited until their pitching was done for the week and I ended up getting Chris Capuano and Brett Lawrie in exchange for Lincecum and Chris Young (ARI).

I have a bevy of outfielders anyway and my trader wanted to get Young to go with J-Up. I also needed some depth at 3B because I only have Miggy. Even though that's a nice "only 3B to have" it's always nice to get some depth and add a solid stolen base guy after my team went shot-ka-putz in stolen bases. (My drafted team was a stolen base monster and based on projections alone, my team had 60 more stolen bases projected than the 2nd place team for the year.)

Started with: Reyes, Gardner, Jennings, Young, CarGo, and Weeks as my viable SB threats.

As you can see Reyes has done what I thought, Gardner, Young, and Jennings all got hampered by injury, Rickie Weeks just flat out sucked, and now CarGo is DTD.

Altuve is the only addition to my underwhelming SB category.
NYG1119
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions