Zobrist & Kelly Johnson for Hamels - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Zobrist & Kelly Johnson for Hamels

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Zobrist & Kelly Johnson for Hamels

Postby Bananaslugs » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:40 am

Been working a few trades this past week, all include Zobrist - I wanna get something done soon on this if possible.

I am in a standard 5 x 5 roto redraft. I am currently in first in each offensive category, and middle of the road in each offensive category (low in saves). But my lead is currently 15 points.

I have been offered two trades

1) Zobrist and Kelly Johnson for Cole Hamels - really like the idea of adding Hamels, but that is a lot of Middle infield to give up. Would replace Zobrist with Boesch, and Johnson with Beckham

2) Zobrist and Tommy Hanson for Ellsbury, Michael Young, and Harang. If Ellsbury makes it back and produces the first week of July, this would be a steal, but no one seems able to guess his return date.

I am thinking about inserting a different player in trade #2 other than Zobrist so I can do both deals.....thoughts? Let me know how I can help with your trades.
Bananaslugs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Zobrist & Kelly Johnson for Hamels

Postby MaudDib » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:01 pm

I like deal 1. You do lose a lot of middle infielders but hopefully you have or can find something so this doesn't cripple your team. Or maybe have the guy through something back to you.

Deal 2 is alright but not one I would do. Too much hinges on Ellsbury and what he will be when he returns. I think I would let someone else deal with that. He could have a great second half or he could struggle. I don't see him keeping the power he displayed last year and I wouldn't be surprised if he was limited on stolen bases and that alone limits his values a lot.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Re: Zobrist & Kelly Johnson for Hamels

Postby Element » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:07 am

MaudDib wrote:I like deal 1. You do lose a lot of middle infielders but hopefully you have or can find something so this doesn't cripple your team. Or maybe have the guy through something back to you.

Deal 2 is alright but not one I would do. Too much hinges on Ellsbury and what he will be when he returns. I think I would let someone else deal with that. He could have a great second half or he could struggle. I don't see him keeping the power he displayed last year and I wouldn't be surprised if he was limited on stolen bases and that alone limits his values a lot.

;-D
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 713)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions