Fair Offer for Hanley?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Fair Offer for Hanley??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fair Offer for Hanley??

Postby mm92280 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:08 pm

In my 20 team H2H keeper league, I've had a hole at SS for virtually the entire season, as I drafted Yunel Escobar as my SS and had him up and his .617 OPS as my starter up until about 2 weeks ago when I cut him for Elliot Johnson. Elliott has been decent as a starting SS in a league this size but he is bound to be squeezed for playing time once Longoria comes back, so I know I'm on borrowed time with him. So, I've been looking for an upgrade at SS for most of this season. It is very tough to do, as SS is a thin position and owners haven't been trading a productive SS and replacing him with a low 600 OPS guy (Escobar when I had him). I think I might have finally found a guy willing to make a deal. The guy who owns Hanley Ramirez in my league seems open to making a deal and he seems like an okay fit, as he also has Jed Lowrie and is starting both (Lowrie at SS and Hanley at 3B - both have SS & 3B eligibility in our league).

I've had a couple of deals rejected by him but he seems open and I'm thinking of proposing my Adam Dunn, Will Middlebrooks and Lucas Duda for his Hanley Ramirez and Kendry Morales. Does that sound like a decent enough offer for him? I'm a little nervous about it, as I would be giving up a lot of power to try to make this happen, as Dunn, Middlebrooks and Duda have been 3 of my best hitters (Middlebrooks' playing time issue being noted here, as it is frustrating). Just a note that I am in 1st or 2nd in HR, RBI and R and in next-to-last in SB and AVG. Losing that trio would obviously hurt by power numbers but subtracting Dunn and adding Hanley would certainly help my batting average and make me much more respectable in steals.
I'm thinking Morales as the 2nd guy on his end, as I would need a 1st baseman to come back to me (I would be giving up the 2 guys I have that are eligible there - Dunn & Duda) and, while Morales has been disappointing, there is a chance that he heats up as the season goes on. His team is struggling offensively and, with Lowrie at SS, he is using Hanley at 3B, where isn't quite as valuable (still valuable, just not as much).

So, am I overthinking this? Am I still getting really good value here? I figure that I've been without Cespedes for what seems like half a year and I figure that he would essentially replace Duda's lost power production and, with my open roster spot, I would pick up the best bat available (not easy to do in a 20 teamer but Lorenzo Cain is there and has potential if he comes back healthy). Youkilis would slide in at 3B and Elliot Johnson would probably be cut if I can find a hitter sitting out there in the free agent pool that I think could be helpful.

Scoring-wise, my league counts AVG, R, HR, RBI, SB, OPS and AST for positional players and W, ERA, WHIP, K, CG, SV, and Holds for pitchers.

Here is my team, as it stands now:

C: C. Santana (C, 1B)
1B: A. Dunn (1B)
2B: B. Zobrist (2B)
SS: E. Johnson (SS)
3B: W. Middlebrooks (3B)
LF: A. Gordon (LF)
CF: C. Gonzalez (LF, CF, RF)
RF: L. Duda (RF, 1B)
Util: K. Youkilis (3B, 1B)
Util: B. Revere (CF, RF)
Bn: JD Martinez (LF)
Bn: Y. Cespedes (CF)
Bn: N. Reimold (LF) - DL

SP: C. Hamels
SP: G. Gonzalez
SP: H. Kuroda
SP: J. McDonald
SP: AJ Burnett
SP: F. Paulino - DL
SP: J. Garcia - DL

RP: S. Casilla
RP: A. Reed
RP: K. Medlin
RP: D. Storen - DL

Thanks for the help!
mm92280
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fair Offer for Hanley??

Postby BADAMS4 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:13 pm

This isn't an easy one.. Does that offer sound fair?? yes..... in your favor, so i think its worth the offer.. I think Kendry will be very solid the 2nd half!!! So I would send him a massage to send a rebuttle if he is on the fence..

help mine ?? viewtopic.php?t=449023
BADAMS4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions