Ruiz going on DL? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Ruiz going on DL?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ruiz going on DL?

Postby Pav » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:50 am

Should I consider dropping Ruiz since most likely going on DL?

I guess my best option on WW would be Martin?

Also, would you consider dropping Omar Infante and/or Howie Kendrick for anyone on WW below? I've been looking at Kubel.
I have to be careful not to lose many Assists which Infante and Kendrick give me.

This looks like a competitive team on paper but obviously it's not working so far. I suspect it's power-light which may be affecting a multitude of categories.

WW
Martin Maldonado (Mil - C)
Russell Martin (NYY - C)
Miguel Olivo (Sea - C)
Kurt Suzuki (Oak - C)
Rod Barajas (Pit - C)

Ike Davis (NYM - 1B)
Ian Desmond (Was - SS)
Jason Kubel (Ari - OF)
Jose Altuve (Hou - 2B)
Russell Martin (NYY - C)
Kurt Suzuki (Oak - C)
Cody Ross (Bos - OF) DL
Trevor Plouffe (Min - 2B,3B,SS,OF)

H2H mixed, 12 teams daily moves
R, H, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, TB, A, FPCT, AVG, OPS, OFA

ROSTER
C Carlos Ruiz (Phi - C)
1B Adrian Gonzalez (Bos - 1B,OF)
2B Omar Infante (Mia - 2B)
3B Edwin Encarnacion (Tor - 1B,3B)
SS Elvis Andrus (Tex - SS)
OF Shane Victorino (Phi - OF)
OF Melky Cabrera (SF - OF)
OF Matt Holliday (StL - OF)
Util Matt Joyce (TB - OF)

BN Nick Swisher (NYY - 1B,OF)
BN Howie Kendrick (LAA - 1B,2B,OF)
DL Jayson Werth (Was - OF)
DL Evan Longoria (TB - 3B)
Pav
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 228
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 8 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ruiz going on DL?

Postby hondo4mvp » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:07 pm

I dropped him for Martin.It's looking like a muscle pull,not an oblique but he's still a catcher in his 30's hitting ~100 points above his career avg.It was a nice run,but it's time to move on.He also won't be hitting as high up in the order soon when Braun gets back.Fewer RBI's and runs.
hondo4mvp
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 255
(Past Year: 76)
Joined: 5 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ruiz going on DL?

Postby Pav » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:14 pm

hondo4mvp wrote:I dropped him for Martin.It's looking like a muscle pull,not an oblique but he's still a catcher in his 30's hitting ~100 points above his career avg.It was a nice run,but it's time to move on.He also won't be hitting as high up in the order soon when Braun gets back.Fewer RBI's and runs.


Thanks for the response. Would you make any other moves?

would you consider dropping Omar Infante and/or Howie Kendrick for anyone on WW below? I've been looking at Kubel.
I have to be careful not to lose many Assists which Infante and Kendrick give me.
Pav
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 228
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 8 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ruiz going on DL?

Postby hondo4mvp » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Pav wrote:
hondo4mvp wrote:I dropped him for Martin.It's looking like a muscle pull,not an oblique but he's still a catcher in his 30's hitting ~100 points above his career avg.It was a nice run,but it's time to move on.He also won't be hitting as high up in the order soon when Braun gets back.Fewer RBI's and runs.


Thanks for the response. Would you make any other moves?

would you consider dropping Omar Infante and/or Howie Kendrick for anyone on WW below? I've been looking at Kubel.
I have to be careful not to lose many Assists which Infante and Kendrick give me.



I'd look hard at dropping Kendricks/Infante for Altuve,but I'd need to look at the stats closer and I need to make a beer/food run before the games starts.LOL.

edit-Or PLouffe
hondo4mvp
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 255
(Past Year: 76)
Joined: 5 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ruiz going on DL?

Postby Pav » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:49 pm

hondo4mvp wrote:
Pav wrote:
hondo4mvp wrote:I dropped him for Martin.It's looking like a muscle pull,not an oblique but he's still a catcher in his 30's hitting ~100 points above his career avg.It was a nice run,but it's time to move on.He also won't be hitting as high up in the order soon when Braun gets back.Fewer RBI's and runs.


Thanks for the response. Would you make any other moves?

would you consider dropping Omar Infante and/or Howie Kendrick for anyone on WW below? I've been looking at Kubel.
I have to be careful not to lose many Assists which Infante and Kendrick give me.



I'd look hard at dropping Kendricks/Infante for Altuve,but I'd need to look at the stats closer and I need to make a beer/food run before the games starts.LOL.

edit-Or PLouffe


Nah, I won't take a chance on Plouffe. He's not that good a player and he will crash back to earth soon.

I do like Altuve over Infante for now I guess.

Although, I still have to drop someone for Longoria.

Who's the drop?
Pav
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 228
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 8 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kidsilk, michaelyoung4prez, SlimCharles88 and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact