Keeper League Trade, how valuable is Harper? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper League Trade, how valuable is Harper?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League Trade, how valuable is Harper?

Postby markus2299 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 am

A guy offered me Harper and Goldshmidt for Texeira and Motte in a keeper league. I have 3 closers and can move one no prob, i replace Tex with Goldshmidt. Just havent pulled the trigger i know Harpers been unreal but maybe im buying him at the worst time cause he has been unreal. But i think if you have the chance to land Harper in any keeper you should do it. Really leaning on accepting just want to see some others input. Thanks
markus2299
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper League Trade, how valuable is Harper?

Postby MaudDib » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Welcome to the Cafe!

I am not sold on Goldschmidt so realize that he is unlikely to keep this up and won't match Tex's production. But I would be fine doing the deal to get Harper for the long-term. I don't expect Harper to keep this up but he is still a very nice get assuming that your league has enough keeper spots that Harper is a good keeper option. 3 keepers or less on a good fantasy team and he starts being questionable as a keeper.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Junse19 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:44 am

In a salary/keeper league, I just declined an offer of Strasburg for Harper. Harper is $11 and Strasburg is $15. This league however is tough to make trades in. I'll gladly keep Harper for $20 or less for at least the next 3 years.
Last edited by Junse19 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junse19
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Quackman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:20 am

Not as valuable as trout.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby markus2299 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:50 am

Hey guys thanks for the responses. I countered his offer with Betancourt instead of Motte cause i like Motte more than Betancourt so now my offer was Tex and Betancourt for Harper and Goldshmidt. So we will see what happens. Im thinking the guy will accept it because its just slightly different. Of course when all this is going down Harper has a 0 for 7 day LOL. My league has 4 keepers so Bryce would definately be my #3 or #4 keeper. Just hoping Goldy can put up decent numbers somewhat that Tex will and not become a complete dud, I did manage to just add Brandon Belt who is heating up and is 1b eligible so I would need him or Goldy to pan out. Regardless my OF would get a huge boost by the addition of Harper and not losing an OF.
markus2299
T-Ball Trainer

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:55 am

Well eventually Tex's value will slide down to nil. He's still a prolific power threat but his BA and other peripherals are seriously trending the wrong way. Goldschmidt will make a solid 1b for years to come you did well here.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1937)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions