CarGo for Santana And Holliday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

CarGo for Santana And Holliday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CarGo for Santana And Holliday

Postby taylor2459 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Hey guys I play in the MLB fantasy leagues, Its head to head. I just got offered Carlos Santana and Holliday for CarGo . Should I do it?

Here's my lineup:

Maldonado (pick up the hottest catcher at the time)
Dunn
Kinsler
Aramis Ramirez
Lowrie
Mccutchen
J. Upton
CarGo
Quentin

Bench

Brian Roberts
Moss
Belt
Yonder Alonso
Dirks
Matt Adams

DL
Werth
Tulo

So guys should I make the move?
taylor2459
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CarGo for Santana And Holliday

Postby jfg » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:04 pm

I think I'd keep it open but explore other catcher/OF options. The trade actually works out ok for you since you have lots of speed, but I bet you can get a catcher that's playing a little better and an OF like Holliday for Cargo from a different team. I'd throw out a few offers give them a day and if you are rejected or haven't heard anything pull the trigger on this one.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby mcmbpd » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:36 pm

I don't like this deal at all. Cargo is worth alot more than Holliday and Santana imo. I like Santana, but the always goes down with some kind of injury (that's the nature of his position) that keeps us saying, I'd loveto see what he could do in a full season. Holliday is also a good OF, but I still think you should be getting more for Cargo. See who else this guy might be willing to give up. I personally would keep Cargo, he's an absolute beast that contributes in every single offensive category...he would be on my not available for trade list, unless I was totally shocked with a trade that overwhelmed me, the kind of trade that I would be an idiot not to take...that's what would be required for anybody to pry him away from my squad, if I was lucky enough to have him. So that's what I would recomend to you, keep him unless somebody is willing to waaaaay overpay.
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby taylor2459 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:06 pm

we got 1 for and 1 against. Anyone else?
taylor2459
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions