Big trade, please help. ****Always WHIR**** - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Big trade, please help. ****Always WHIR****

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big trade, please help. ****Always WHIR****

Postby candyman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:24 am

I am looking to make a move for King Felix. Right now, the deal is:

My Trumbo, Hart, Buehrle

FOR

His King Felix, Volquez, Youkilis

Trumbo is valuable as a keeper in exchange for a 30th round draft pick. Is this good for me? I was thinking it may be better to try and get someone better than Youk if I can. Does anyone think that's possible? Anyone think I've got pieces I can add to pry Hosmer away?

Here is our teams:
My team:
Weekly, 12 team, H2H Points league; 5 keepers
Very screwy scoring: Singles: 1, Doubles: 2, Triples: 3, HR:4, RBI:1, Runs:1, SB: 3, BB:1, GIDP: -1,
IP: 3 W: 10, K:1, Save: 5, H: -1, L: -5, ER: -2, Blown Saves: -3
2 starters at each position, 4 OF, 1 util , 9 Pitchers...
6 Bench Players
3 DL
My team:
C: Salty
C: Doumit
1B: Dunn
1B: Trumbo
2B: Zobrist
2B: J. Hairston
SS: Hanley
SS: Y. Escobar
3B: Headley
3B: Reynolds
OF: Pence
OF: Jennings
OF: Quentin
OF: Hart
DH: Stubbs
-----------------
Bench: LaHair
Bench: R. Roberts
Bench: E. Johnson
DL: Carlos Lee
DL: Soto
DL: Hafner
--------------
P: Kershaw
P: Sabathia
P: Lester
P: Morrow
P: Scherzer
P: Buehrle
P: Niese
P: C. Perez
P: J. Broxton
--------------
Bench: G. Floyd

His Team
C: Molina
C: Flores
1B: Hosmer
1B: Youk
2B: Barney
2B: Beckham
SS: Aybar
SS: Hardy
3B: ARod
3B: Sandovol
OF: Holliday
OF: Braun
OF: Heyward
OF: Schafer
UTIL: Ibanez
-----------------
Bench: Y. Alonso
Bench: S. Rodriguez
DL: R. Tejada
--------------
P: Felix
P: Zimmerman
P: G. Gonzalez
P: Motte
P: Zambrano
P: J Nathan
P: Cahill
P: Hammel
P: Diamond
--------------
Bench: Volquez
Bench: A. Bass
Bench: J. Kelly
DL: J Garcia
DL: Danks

Any other ideas other than adding in Buehrle and Hosmer? Should I just take the original?

Leave a Link!!
candyman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big trade, please help. ****Always WHIR****

Postby MaudDib » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:59 am

I assume that Felix can still be kept by you? If you want Hosmer then I would make it simple and just go after Felix and Hosmer. No need to confuse things by having Volquez or Youk in there. I would see if he would be willing to do that with Trumbo, Hart and Buehrle. If not then look at his team and see if you can help fill a weakness for him. Might be too late to deal LaHair but he is a good guy to be selling right now.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby candyman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:38 am

MaudDib wrote:I assume that Felix can still be kept by you? If you want Hosmer then I would make it simple and just go after Felix and Hosmer. No need to confuse things by having Volquez or Youk in there. I would see if he would be willing to do that with Trumbo, Hart and Buehrle. If not then look at his team and see if you can help fill a weakness for him. Might be too late to deal LaHair but he is a good guy to be selling right now.

Every player is eligible as a keeper. The stipulation is that you can keep 3, and in order to keep a player, you must forfeit a pick in the next years draft, which corresponds to the round the keeper was taken in. So Trumbo was a 30th rounder, as a result, he only costs me a 30th rounder next year to keep him. Felix was a 3rd rounder, so I may not keep him, although I would be able to.

I also have Salty as a 30th rnd keeper, Quentin as a 29th rounder, Morrow as a 15th rounder, Dunn as an 18th rounder, as well as some others with keeper potential. I'm in 1st place right now though, so I want to position myself for the title this season.
candyman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby BigLen22 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:40 pm

i feel like your paying the price for a felix that was a cy young candidate 2 years ago not the struggling one he is this year. ( in my league i recently just traded cuddyer for him)

Add in the fact that trumbo is a HUGE keeper for you i would most certaintly pass on this deal. If you can change volquez to hosmer i would be all over that then bceause you get the instant upgrade now and a good keeper back in hosmer

help with my big deal?
viewtopic.php?t=448966
C Ruiz
1b Smoak
2b Altuve
3b Wright
SS Aviles
OFBruce,Cuddyer,Jennings
UT Ibanez,A.Escobar
B Arenciba/Markakis(DL)/Sandoval(DL)
DL-J.Jay
SP Grienke/J.Santana/Morrow/Haren/Dempster/Nolasco/Lilly(DL)
RP Kimbrel/Myers/F.Rodney
DL-Storen
*2 DL spots
BigLen22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jbird669 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:38 pm

BigLen22 wrote:i feel like your paying the price for a felix that was a cy young candidate 2 years ago not the struggling one he is this year. ( in my league i recently just traded cuddyer for him)

Add in the fact that trumbo is a HUGE keeper for you i would most certaintly pass on this deal. If you can change volquez to hosmer i would be all over that then bceause you get the instant upgrade now and a good keeper back in hosmer

I concur. Thanks for the help with mine.
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Waterhorse » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:05 pm

I hate that deal for you. Why go after Felix? He sucks.

Try and get Braun
Waterhorse
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MaudDib » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:04 pm

I think people are over-rating Trumbo right now and buying too much into the bad starts by Felix. Trumbo isn't this good and Felix isn't this bad. Trumbo's BABIP is unsustainable right now and he still strikes out too much. He is still a good player and an excellent value at pick 30 but it isn't better than Felix no matter what draft pick Felix is at. If you aren't going to keep Felix then that plays a role but Trumbo isn't going to be this good and track record says that Felix will turn things around.

If someone traded Felix for Cuddyer that is just a bad deal by that owner. People get too caught up in the here and now and forget that they aren't paying for a player for what he has done but what he will do. Trumbo isn't going to finish the season as a .330 hitter but more likely a .280 hitter which means he is going to hit like .250 the rest of the way. Felix isn't going to finish the season off with a 3.70 ERA but probably more around a 3.30.

Look at Pujols. Everyone got worried about his start and where selling him off for fifty cents on the dollar and now he is back to the Pujols we know and love.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby lyons595 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:15 pm

BigLen22 wrote:i feel like your paying the price for a felix that was a cy young candidate 2 years ago not the struggling one he is this year. ( in my league i recently just traded cuddyer for him)

help with my big deal?
viewtopic.php?t=448966

Trumbo is defintely the price for KIng Felix from 2009-10. Not that he's a bad SP now, just not as dominant. I feel he can still be a top 15 SP this year and next, so you also would need to decide if he becomes a keeper for you. If not, then there is NO WAY you make this trade.

help: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448979
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 217)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions