Rollins/Rios for Davis/Vogelsong - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Rollins/Rios for Davis/Vogelsong

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rollins/Rios for Davis/Vogelsong

Postby guyincognito » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:26 am

I've been killed with injuries this season, so I'm on the wrong side of .500 and need help badly before I fall completely out of it. I'm dying at 1B. I originally drafted Lind to cover 1B until Howard returned, but we know how that turned out, so I've been cycling through the FA, but not having any luck. Would you do this deal, if I could make it happen?

I give Rollins and Rios
I get C.Davis and Vogelsong

Rollins has really come around lately, but so has Davis and I could use the starter, especially this week. If I made this move I'd drop Helton and pick up Scutaro until Tulo came back. Should I do this? The.

14 team, H2H, Keeper League (keep 2)
B Cats: Avg, E, H, HR, OPS, R, RBI, SB
P Cats: W, L, K, QS, ERA, WHIP, HD, S

C - W.Rosario
1B - T.Helton
2B - D.Ackley
SS - J.Rollins
3B - J.Lowrie
OF - BJ Upton, A.Rios, J.Kubel
DH - T.Hunter
U - W.Middlebrooks
Bench - D.Viciedo,T.Tulowitski, J.Werth
DL - E.Longoria, R.Howard
SP - CJ Wilson, J.Peavy, C.Lewis, Y.Gallardo
RP - R.Soriano, S.Casilla, A.Chapman, E.Frieri, C.Janssen
Bench - C.Lewis, F.Rodriguez, C.Buchholz
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rollins/Rios for Davis/Vogelsong

Postby arosebuds420 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:33 am

I wouldn't, no. Look for something better Davis may look OK now but im not sure he's going to help you get back over 500
arosebuds420
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:29 am

Txs for the reply......I really don't think I would make this move. You have T.Helton playing 1B right now and C.Davis has only hit a little better than he has lately/whole season so I don't think you gain much (at least not the droppoff of Rollins)

As the other poster said also....this is the time people are selling high on Davis as his career #'s and not what he is doing now. If you want to take the gamble and think David holds this pace up for the rest of the year then I would say do it but he probably won't. I would say ride the wait on Howard out and keep going with helton or try and make a different trade. I think you could package Rollins with another player and get a way better 1B then Davis (maybe shoot for Hosmer in a deal since he has been slumping this year but will and has a little bit picked it up)....I would say just throw some other trade ideas out there with some better 1B instead of being desperate which you don't need to be and getting a C.Davis kind of guy who will cool off sooner than later!

Also.....can you post a list of what 1B are out on you WW/FA list....maybe there is someone you might have missed?

Good Luck m8!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby guyincognito » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:45 am

WhipperSnappers44 wrote:Txs for the reply......I really don't think I would make this move. You have T.Helton playing 1B right now and C.Davis has only hit a little better than he has lately/whole season so I don't think you gain much (at least not the droppoff of Rollins)

As the other poster said also....this is the time people are selling high on Davis as his career #'s and not what he is doing now. If you want to take the gamble and think David holds this pace up for the rest of the year then I would say do it but he probably won't. I would say ride the wait on Howard out and keep going with helton or try and make a different trade. I think you could package Rollins with another player and get a way better 1B then Davis (maybe shoot for Hosmer in a deal since he has been slumping this year but will and has a little bit picked it up)....I would say just throw some other trade ideas out there with some better 1B instead of being desperate which you don't need to be and getting a C.Davis kind of guy who will cool off sooner than later!

Also.....can you post a list of what 1B are out on you WW/FA list....maybe there is someone you might have missed?

Good Luck m8!

Here is the list of 1B that are out there in FA
B.Belt, T.Colvin, G.Jones, J.Loney, J.Rivera, B.Wallace, C.McGee
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:56 am

Well I would definately be grabbing Belt right now and ride the streak he is on!!! He has always had the power there but playing time has been an issue but now with the hot streak he has been on I think he will get all the playing time he can handle and should be in line for more than the 1B men you have or that are out there....I would drop Helton and grab Belt ASAP and roll with him until Howard comes back and maybe beyond that...

Good luck m8!

WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kaiser » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:36 am

I'd grab Belt, without question, instead of making this move.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby justhangin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:38 pm

I'd grab Belt and explore what the market for Howard is
justhangin
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor