My RAFAEL SORIANO & BRETT MYERS for KENLEY JANSEN? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My RAFAEL SORIANO & BRETT MYERS for KENLEY JANSEN?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My RAFAEL SORIANO & BRETT MYERS for KENLEY JANSEN?

Postby Maris09 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm kind of in a tight spot where I'm using way too many roster spots up on Closers. It's a QS league so Closers aren't quite as valuable as in a Wins leauge. 12 team H2H 5x5.

Little worried about what happens to Myers and his role at the trade deadling (not to mention the option in his contract that is automatically renewed should he "finish" a certain number of games).
Also a bit worried about Robertson behind Soriano. I think it would take a few blow ups, but I could definitely see it happening.

So is this a wise move?
My Soriano and Myers for Kenley Jansen?

Thanks
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My RAFAEL SORIANO & BRETT MYERS for KENLEY JANSEN?

Postby Element » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:44 pm

I prefer Soirano to Jansen to be honest. Jansen's velocity is down this season. He's getting hit.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 685)

Postby smitty10j » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:47 pm

I would prefer Soriano over Jansen as well, I don't see robertson taking the closer role back over when he gets healthy, he has accelled as a setup man, and soriano has the experience and has been pitching well, if myers gets traded and is not a closer then I would drop him and stream a starting pitcher if that is what you need.

Help me out
viewtopic.php?t=448931
smitty10j
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Maris09 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:21 am

Hmmm, I've seen most sites have Jansen ranked in the top 1-3 of Closers going forward. While I agree that I don't think it's likely Soriano loses his role, I certainly would prefer Jansen over him. When there's a guy with Robertson's skill behind you, and you're pitching in the NY market, it's not going to take much for people to start clamoring.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby aerrico » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:24 pm

I think Kenley Jansen finishes as one of the top 3 closers easily the rest of the way, along with Chapman and Kimbrel. Soriano does not have the strikeout rate to keep up with Jansen, plays in a tougher league, and has Robertson behind him if he goes south for a week or two, so definitely less job security there.

I think this deal is close, but may still keep who you have there because even if Meyers does get traded it probably won't be for another 6-8 weeks.
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions