Top 50 Countdown: June 14, 2012 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 50 Countdown: June 14, 2012

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Top 50 Countdown: June 14, 2012

Postby jfg » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:31 pm

To be fair, this was started based off of Funston's Big Board, to fill a need for fantasy users. It is pretty funny that he started it up again after at least a year hiatus.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thatguy27 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:07 am

I would honestly be, I don't want to say shocked but, at the very least somewhat surprised, if this thread wasn't the impetus for Funston's new Big Board. It's just far too coincidental given that he hadn't done one since the beginning of the season. At least I think he did one then--I think he actually did a Bigger Board, in which he ranked the top 100 players--though i could of course be mistaken. 'Twould not be the first time, and certainly not the last.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Izenhart » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:01 am

I don't care if Funston is back to doing it, I think what we have going is better and with so many knowledgeable people working at it regularly very little will be overlooked and individual biases will be evened out.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby jfg » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Are we going to be rolling another one out this week? Let me know so I can send my list tonight.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Also, it would be cool if we got 3 or 4 more people to regularly submit rankings. The more lists, the less likely a mistake, oversight or a man crush affects the overall rankings.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:09 pm

jfg wrote:Are we going to be rolling another one out this week? Let me know so I can send my list tonight.

I was about to ask the same thing!
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Element » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:11 pm

I'm down again.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby rjforlife » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Took a week break just to spread it out a bit, so the difference in rankings will be greater. We will target getting them out by July, so start getting lists ready this week and start submissions on Friday-Sunday. Looking forward to the changes fellas, and as many people that want to send em in to myself or Salty, we welcome all rankers. ;-D
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:52 pm

rjforlife wrote:Took a week break just to spread it out a bit, so the difference in rankings will be greater. We will target getting them out by July, so start getting lists ready this week and start submissions on Friday-Sunday. Looking forward to the changes fellas, and as many people that want to send em in to myself or Salty, we welcome all rankers. ;-D

Any chance you can add us rankers as users of the spreadsheet and we can input them straight in there? Might save a heckuva lot of time :-?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rjforlife » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:17 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
rjforlife wrote:Took a week break just to spread it out a bit, so the difference in rankings will be greater. We will target getting them out by July, so start getting lists ready this week and start submissions on Friday-Sunday. Looking forward to the changes fellas, and as many people that want to send em in to myself or Salty, we welcome all rankers. ;-D

Any chance you can add us rankers as users of the spreadsheet and we can input them straight in there? Might save a heckuva lot of time :-?

PM Salty, he runs the spreadsheet, I don't even have access to it.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers