Crowded Outfield - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Crowded Outfield

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Crowded Outfield

Postby theclefe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:04 am

I've been struggling with my outfield this season. I have potential guys, free agents and injuries that has me rostering six outfielders at the moment. My pitching staff is very good. My offense average, with the potential to be above average. Overall, I think I have a contending team now that some of my players are starting to come alive, but I hate wasting so many roster spots on one position. This is a dynasty league. I traded away some big name players in 2009 and stocked up on young talent. This is the first season where it has finally paying dividends. So I want the best players for now, but also understanding that I want it to be a smart long-term move also. Here are the pawns:

B.J. Upton - Dealt with some injuries early and has been ok. I expect above average numbers from him the rest of the way.
Mark Trumbo - Leads my team in homeruns, albeit I didn't pick him up until a month ago. My heart tells me he can be what Morse was last season, if not better.
Michael Morse - Just got off the DL and hasn't been great. Had an excellent 2011, but since I can't hide him anymore on the DL, I need to decide if he will be able to repeat.
Jason Heyward - Got off to a hot start and had me thinking this is the season he breaks out. Then hit this slump.
Colby Rasmus - I actually cut him for a few days right before he got onto this hot streak. I've invested a roster spot on him for three years waiting for an improvement on 2010.
Carlos Quentin - I just picked him up and he has been crushing the ball. Do we expect him to regress to a .250 after this streak?

So what would you do? Our league is very pitching-centric, and I only have two quality closers with no spec guys. I also have two pitchers on the DL that I will eventually have to make space for. If I were to keep four, which four would you choose? Which four can be the core of a championship team over the next five years? Thanks!
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions