Wait it out or time for trades? Will give advice in return! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Wait it out or time for trades? Will give advice in return!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wait it out or time for trades? Will give advice in return!

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:28 am

Hey guys,

My team has been first all season up until three weeks ago when I dropped to second, and now third at the beginning of this week (4 week losing streak and on pace for another this week, all losses by 1 or 2 though). I'm in an 8 team Yahoo head to head where the categories are as follows:
R,H,HR,RBI,SB,K(hitting),Errors,XBH,IP,W,SV,K(pitching),ERA

Now for my team:
C-Mauer(1B)
1B-Encarnation(3B)
2B-Pedroia
3B-Lawrie
SS-None
OF-Braun
OF-Holliday
OF-Ichiro
Util-David Wright(3B)
Util-Hosmer(1B)
BN-Carlos Santana(C,1B)
DL-Kemp(OF)
SP-Strasburg
SP-Shields
SP-Lohse
SP-Wainwright
RP-Axford
RP-Bell
BN-Scherzer(SP)
BN-Morrow(SP)(DL)
DL-Weaver(SP)

The only player available in FA that I'm seriously considering is Jason Kipnis(2B)...

So what should I do with my team? Obviously I'm looking for a SS, but apart from that I'm not sure if it's time to hit the panic button yet.

If I should look into trading some guys, should I try to sell high on Encarnation,Wright,Lohse,Mauer?Also, in a trade I'd probably look to do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 etc so that I can pick up Jason Kipnis. I find my team has a lot of 1B and 3B eligibility that I'd like to change into some better pitching or a 2B/OF/SS.

Any thoughts or opinions? Maybe trade possibilities? All help will be appreciated! And of course I'll gladly give an opinion for anyone who asks or helps me out
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wait it out or time for trades? Will give advice in retu

Postby Quackman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:27 am

debating about picking up kipnis? I dont understand. Pretty easy to argue hes top 3 2nd baseman in baseball. Its almost not believable that hes on ww and your debating about picking him up. it would be like debating on picking up stanton. I would trade pedroia for kipnis in a heartbeat and not even think about it.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby LightItUp95 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:04 pm

A couple of things:
-Pick up kipnis, actually quietly the best 2B in baseball according to ESPN's player rater. I would then try to trade Pedroia for a top ten shortstop (IDK who). Pedroia's power is not going to be there due to that thumb injury he's playing through. Use the name to acquire someone useful

-Since you're in a H2H league, trade Strasbourg. I know it sounds stupid, but if you're really vying for a title, that innings limit will kill you in the playoffs. Try to acquire another No. 1, maybe Cole hamels, Cliff lee, or Matt Cain (though he may cost more after last night). You have a lot of pitching depth, so maybe unload a reliever too if there is a difference.

-to me, Lawrie is expendable since you have David Wright. If you want to get Santana in the lineup, maybe trade lawrie as well (For whatever you think you need). Lotta 3B depth, use it (Encarnacion is eligible as well)

That's all really. do what you will with it. Also, drop Lohse. You can do better than him.

Oh, and here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=448778

Peace out!
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:52 pm

LightItUp95 wrote:A couple of things:
-Pick up kipnis, actually quietly the best 2B in baseball according to ESPN's player rater. I would then try to trade Pedroia for a top ten shortstop (IDK who). Pedroia's power is not going to be there due to that thumb injury he's playing through. Use the name to acquire someone useful

-Since you're in a H2H league, trade Strasbourg. I know it sounds stupid, but if you're really vying for a title, that innings limit will kill you in the playoffs. Try to acquire another No. 1, maybe Cole hamels, Cliff lee, or Matt Cain (though he may cost more after last night). You have a lot of pitching depth, so maybe unload a reliever too if there is a difference.

-to me, Lawrie is expendable since you have David Wright. If you want to get Santana in the lineup, maybe trade lawrie as well (For whatever you think you need). Lotta 3B depth, use it (Encarnacion is eligible as well)

That's all really. do what you will with it. Also, drop Lohse. You can do better than him.

Oh, and here:

Peace out!

I'm actually thinking of making a 3 for 2 deal where I give up Edwin, Pedroia and Lohse and I get an alright SS and a higher end OF, where I'd pick up Kipnis and put him in at 2B.

I got an offer last night of Strasburg and Lohse for Capuano and Hanley Ramirez, but I'm not so sure about getting yet another 3B eligible player even though he's a pretty solid SS . What do you think of this offer Lightitup?

Santana is another guy I'm looking to trade away as well because he doesn't really have much use for my team with Mauer being pretty consistent so I figure I'd use him to get another OF or a SP

Any other opinions?
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LightItUp95 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:41 pm

HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:
LightItUp95 wrote:A couple of things:

Oh, and here:

Peace out!

I'm actually thinking of making a 3 for 2 deal where I give up Edwin, Pedroia and Lohse and I get an alright SS and a higher end OF, where I'd pick up Kipnis and put him in at 2B.

I got an offer last night of Strasburg and Lohse for Capuano and Hanley Ramirez, but I'm not so sure about getting yet another 3B eligible player even though he's a pretty solid SS . What do you think of this offer Lightitup?

Santana is another guy I'm looking to trade away as well because he doesn't really have much use for my team with Mauer being pretty consistent so I figure I'd use him to get another OF or a SP

Any other opinions?

I wouldn't do either deal. you deal away your ace, you need a more substantial piece in return. Capuano's fine, but he will go on the DL at some point (He always does). Hanley is having a great year, i must say, but he's not worth the difference between Capuano and Stras. as for the first deal, you can probably still sell high on Edwin. Carlos santana is a top 3 catcher. Himand pedroia could probably net you an ace + acloser if you play your cards right. I suggest going after Cliff Lee or Cole Hamels, who have both been poor as of late.
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team