What the he**? Garza scoring error??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

What the he**? Garza scoring error???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What the he**? Garza scoring error???

Postby mcmbpd » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:27 pm

Can somebody please explain to me what the hell Yahoo is doing in this Cubs game? Boesch leads off the top of the 6ht inning with a single? Next batter, Cabrera, hits a routine ground ball to Mather for what should have been an easy double play. Mather boots it and gets nobody...he;s charged with an error as he should be. Next batter up is Fielder, he flies out to OF for the 1st out of the inning. Now that should have been the third out of the innging and the Cubs would have gone in to bat with a 4-1 lead. Because of MAther's error that's not what happened and the Tigers end up scoing 4 runs that inning. First Yahoo charges Garza 4 earned runs, which is obviously wrong. Then Yahoo changes it to 3 charged earned runs. Which is still wrong. Garza should not have been charged with any runs from that inning. Am I missing something here? Did I forget the rules of baseball that I've know for 35 years? WTF?
Last edited by ayebatter on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Misplaced letters in the title
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What the he**? Garza scoring error???

Postby thesticks23 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:09 pm

You can Never assume the DP in baseball, so no matter what the Error only counts for 1 out. Never can an error count as 2. There would have to be 2 errors for that to happen.
thesticks23
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting