Don't know who to drop...need serious help....Plzzzz! WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Don't know who to drop...need serious help....Plzzzz! WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Don't know who to drop...need serious help....Plzzzz! WHIR!

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Hey all.....I am in quite the dilemma and do not know what to do so any help would be appreciated and I will 100% help you in return if needed!

I'm in a 12 team H2H league (10 CAT) and have A.Jackson still sitting on the DL since I don't know who to drop to take him off....there are also several guys on the WW who intrigue me but of course I don't have droppable guys....I have tried trading but it's dang there near impossible to do so thus far....please help!!!

My Team: (BTW....I'm currently in 1st place)

C - C.Santana
1B - M.Cabrera
2B - J.Altuve
3B - E.Encarnacion
SS - I.Desmond
OF - C.Granderson
OF - H.Pence
OF - S.Victorino
Uti - M.Teixeira
Uti - J.Lowrie
Bench - B.Zobrist
Bench - A.Craig
Bench - E.Hosmer
Bench - J.Reddick
DL. A.Jackson

Pitching:

G.Gonzalez
T.Hanson
R.A. Dickey
A.Sanchez
C.Lewis
J.Samardzija
S.Casilla (RP)
J.Johnson(RP)
F.Rodney(RP)

ok.....so there it is....now Reddick has been less than thrilling lately and E.Hosmer I rarely to never play and he has been crap this season but are these guys too good to just drop? I was also thinking about dropping Samardzija but for another pitcher since there are few nice SP's on the WW. Some of the Offensive guys on the WW I feel shouldn't be there are (T.Plouffe, B.Harper, some others like C.Ross, A.Rios, D.Fowler but I think Plouffe the way he has been playing is a definate must add now and B.Harper is doing well also)

So there is my problem and I am hoping someone can help let me know who to drop/grab/stand put/etc....as I don't know what to do....I can't do any move though until I drop or take AJAX off the DL first also so....

Txs again and will 100% WHIR! Txs!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Don't know who to drop...need serious help....Plzzzz! WH

Postby Junse19 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Eric Hosmer is undroppable.

Bryce Harper should be owned in every league.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=448863
Junse19
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ensanimal » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:56 pm

I would def drop Lewis, staff is good without him.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baegames » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Reddick and Lewis are fine to drop. Add Harper. I'd also consider Desmond as potential drop (slide Lowrie to SS), but I am not in a hurry to do so.
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 197)

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:01 am

Txs for the replies everyone but I do have some questions....

First off (to be clear) this is "not" a keeper league (forgot to mention that)

Ok....well I heard a Hosmer is undroppable and I am wondering why? I know the dude can hit and has warmed up over the past week a little but he has yet to do anything to warrant keeping thus far and I have never played him. I keep hearing that he will wake up but when? How long? I know the season is still quite young but he hasn't heated up to keeping him value yet. I tried trading him but no bites....

I can see Reddick possibly since he was red hot but the month of June has not been kind so I could possibly do that...

Not really sure how C.Lewis got in the drop convo but wouldn't you rather keep him over Samardzija considering he is sporting a 1 point less ERA over Sammy? I also really don't want to drop many SP's in the first place because then I would be short on staff so I would rather drop some offensive guys if I could and maybe stack another SP to my mix...

Just for another question here.....here is a list of some SP's I noticed were available on the WW: (C.Buchholz, M.Harrison, J.Vargas, AJ Burnett, F.Dubront, S.Diamond, J.Niese)....so there are a few I think I like here....am I right?

Which leads me to...what do I do? Starting with who do I drop in order to take AJAX off of the DL so I can make moves or do I drop AJAX himself? Next....after that move what other moves do I make? (Picking up Harper seems to be the consensus here...what about Plouffe?)

Txs again all and WHIR if needed!

WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby candyman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 am

Drop Craig and Reddick. Activate Jackson and pick up Bryce Harper.

Think of it as a trade. Would you trade Craig and Reddick for Austin Jackson and Harper? I sure would.

Help me out?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448880&p=3537472#p3537472
candyman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:58 am

Thanks for the help all.....

I went ahead and dropped Reddick+C.Lewis+Samardzija and took AJAX off the DL+Picked up B.Harper and S.Diamond (since he starts today).....now.....1 last question....

If Diamond has a rough outing against Philly then I was thinking of dropping him for AJ Burnett/C.Buchholz.....if he does well I can keep him as he has been on a tear but I think the Philly Off could challenge him a little...

I am now short on pitching staff but have decent pitchers (only 5 though)

so looking at my team and knowing now I have B.Harper and AJAX (off the DL now) and lost Reddick (and the pitching has changed)....how is there a way I can grab an extra SP? I would like to own 2 out of 3 (3 out of the 3 would be awesome but couldn't make that happen unless I drop all my Off guys...lol).....so looking to have 2 out of the 3 out of (S.Diamond/AJ.Burnett/C.Buchholz)....should I just stick with the 5 SP's I have now or which Off guy(s) would you drop for another SP and who? (which 2 out of those 3 or which 1 out of those 3 if I should not drop anymore Off players)?

I heard a vote for A.Craig but don't think I could drop him....I do have Hosmer still but the majority says keep him even though he has yet to shine big. I also have Altuve/Craig/Zobrist who all can roll 2B should I drop any of them? I am confused for now....thanks for any help all! WHIR!

WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby candyman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

WhipperSnappers44 wrote:Thanks for the help all.....

I went ahead and dropped Reddick+C.Lewis+Samardzija and took AJAX off the DL+Picked up B.Harper and S.Diamond (since he starts today).....now.....1 last question....

If Diamond has a rough outing against Philly then I was thinking of dropping him for AJ Burnett/C.Buchholz.....if he does well I can keep him as he has been on a tear but I think the Philly Off could challenge him a little...

I am now short on pitching staff but have decent pitchers (only 5 though)

so looking at my team and knowing now I have B.Harper and AJAX (off the DL now) and lost Reddick (and the pitching has changed)....how is there a way I can grab an extra SP? I would like to own 2 out of 3 (3 out of the 3 would be awesome but couldn't make that happen unless I drop all my Off guys...lol).....so looking to have 2 out of the 3 out of (S.Diamond/AJ.Burnett/C.Buchholz)....should I just stick with the 5 SP's I have now or which Off guy(s) would you drop for another SP and who? (which 2 out of those 3 or which 1 out of those 3 if I should not drop anymore Off players)?

I heard a vote for A.Craig but don't think I could drop him....I do have Hosmer still but the majority says keep him even though he has yet to shine big. I also have Altuve/Craig/Zobrist who all can roll 2B should I drop any of them? I am confused for now....thanks for any help all! WHIR!

I'd drop one of your 3 2B. I didn't realize Craig was 2B eligible, in my league's he is only 1B/OF. Altuve has probably been the best 2B all season, but Zobrist has the best track record. With Craig's position versatility I'd hang onto him now, so I'd have to say it's between Zobrist and Altuve.

At the beginning of the year I would have said hold onto Zobrist because he's an established commodity. With his slow slow start and Altuve's hot couple months, and age, it really makes things murkier though. I'd say drop Zobrist, he's you're most expendable player, but it pains me to recommend dropping a very solid player at a thin position. I'd try like hell to move one of those 2B before I drop one. However, there is no reason to carry three 2B eligible players with the FA's that are available.

Help me out?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448880&p=3537472#p3537472
candyman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:37 am

The good thing with Craig and Zobrist is they also carry an OF eligibility which I can plug into an OF or Util slot anytime and the fact that Zobrist has heated up lately (besides the illness and minor injury) so.....

I could try and make a trade again but I think I would want to try and trade either Craig+Hosmer or Zobrist+Hosmer...thoughts? Thoughts on who I could try and get? The thing is I am not down on Hosmer but it's either him or Teixiera and so those are my choices since there is no real need to carry 2 1B only eligible guys on my roster.

So.....next question....should I stand pat with what I have? Try and make a trade and if I do then should I try and trade Zobrist or Craig and should I pair them with Hosmer or Teixiera (and anyone else....like Harper/AJAX/Victorino/etc...) and who should I try and target in return?

Also....if I make a trade should I target a guy like Plouffe? or should I stick with getting the SP's? Which SP's should I run for? I have S.Diamond for now since he is pitching today so should I keep him? (will do if he torches again) and should I grab AJ Burnett/C.Buchholz or both if I can do a 3 for 1 deal?

Thxs again all!

WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions