H2H - 2nd team, time for changes? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

H2H - 2nd team, time for changes?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H2H - 2nd team, time for changes?

Postby Pav » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Suggest any drop/add?

I do like what Plouffe has been doing

Thanks

H2H - 5x5, 12 teams, daily

WW
Torii Hunter (LAA - OF)
Trevor Plouffe (Min - 2B,3B,SS,OF)
Neil Walker (Pit - 2B)
Paul Goldschmidt (Ari - 1B)
Michael Saunders (Sea - OF)
Russell Martin (NYY - C)
Michael Brantley (Cle - OF)
Gordon Beckham (CWS - 2B)
David Murphy (Tex - OF)
Scott Hairston (NYM - OF)
Danny Espinosa (Was - 2B)

ROSTER BATTING
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG

C Wilin Rosario (Col - C)
1B Mark Trumbo (LAA - 1B,3B,OF)
2B Dustin Pedroia (Bos - 2B)
3B Pablo Sandoval (SF - 1B,3B)
SS Jed Lowrie (Hou - 3B,SS)
OF Shane Victorino (Phi - OF)
OF Martin Prado (Atl - 3B,OF)
OF Angel Pagan (SF - OF)
Util Robinson Cano (NYY - 2B)
Util Mike Moustakas (KC - 3B)

BN Justin Morneau (Min - 1B)
BN Nick Markakis (Bal - OF)

ROSTER PITCHING
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

SP C.J. Wilson (LAA - SP)
SP Jake Peavy (CWS - SP)
RP Craig Kimbrel (Atl - RP)
RP Joel Hanrahan (Pit - RP)
P Cole Hamels (Phi - SP)
P Ernesto Frieri (LAA - RP) 7
P Ryan Cook (Oak - RP)
P Matt Garza (ChC - SP)

BN Shaun Marcum (Mil - SP)
BN Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP)
BN Jeff Samardzija (ChC - SP,RP)
BN Daniel Hudson (Ari - SP)
Pav
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 228
Joined: 8 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H - 2nd team, time for changes?

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Right off the bat I would consider dropping Ryan Cook for Goldschmidt.

Do you really need 4 closers? Even though Cook isn't technically the A's closer yet.
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H - 2nd team, time for changes?

Postby Pav » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:20 pm

ATLbraves wrote:Right off the bat I would consider dropping Ryan Cook for Goldschmidt.

Do you really need 4 closers? Even though Cook isn't technically the A's closer yet.


Thanks for the response.

And who would I bench if I picked up Goldschmidt?

Also what about Plouffe?
Pav
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 228
Joined: 8 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H - 2nd team, time for changes?

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Pav wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:Right off the bat I would consider dropping Ryan Cook for Goldschmidt.

Do you really need 4 closers? Even though Cook isn't technically the A's closer yet.


Thanks for the response.

And who would I bench if I picked up Goldschmidt?

Also what about Plouffe?

Plouffe is good right now but I dont think he will be able to keep this up long-term.

If you picked up Goldschmidt I would put him at 1B, then move Trumbo into your OF over Victorino for now. Just play the guys who have the best matchups. I have Victorino on my team too and I haven't been starting him recently since he has been in a slump the last couple of weeks.
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H - 2nd team, time for changes?

Postby Pav » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:42 pm

ATLbraves wrote:
Pav wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:Right off the bat I would consider dropping Ryan Cook for Goldschmidt.

Do you really need 4 closers? Even though Cook isn't technically the A's closer yet.


Thanks for the response.

And who would I bench if I picked up Goldschmidt?

Also what about Plouffe?

Plouffe is good right now but I dont think he will be able to keep this up long-term.

If you picked up Goldschmidt I would put him at 1B, then move Trumbo into your OF over Victorino for now. Just play the guys who have the best matchups. I have Victorino on my team too and I haven't been starting him recently since he has been in a slump the last couple of weeks.


Well so has Pablo Sandoval and Dustin Pedroia. Shouldn't I also consider sitting them?
Pav
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 228
Joined: 8 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H - 2nd team, time for changes?

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Pav wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:
Pav wrote:
Thanks for the response.

And who would I bench if I picked up Goldschmidt?

Also what about Plouffe?

Plouffe is good right now but I dont think he will be able to keep this up long-term.

If you picked up Goldschmidt I would put him at 1B, then move Trumbo into your OF over Victorino for now. Just play the guys who have the best matchups. I have Victorino on my team too and I haven't been starting him recently since he has been in a slump the last couple of weeks.


Well so has Pablo Sandoval and Dustin Pedroia. Shouldn't I also consider sitting them?

No because Pablo and Dustin are both studs, maybe not so much Pablo but definitely Pedroia. Pablo has been hitting pretty well as of late tho imo, and he just came off the DL.

I don't consider Victorino a stud at all.

That is just me though. I have learned the hard way in fantasy to never sit your stud players.
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H - 2nd team, time for changes?

Postby baegames » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:08 pm

I would look to make trades and I would start at 2b. I love Pedey and Cano, but having a 2b at utility is a waste because of the depth. Pedroia should get you an OF or 1b who puts up better numbers based on position value. I would deal Trumbo before his Batting Average comes down to earth (or Moustakas) as you have more than enough 3b on your team.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=448845
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
Posts: 2218
(Past Year: 209)
Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: neuronss and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact