Another free Rotoguys weekend for Cafe members - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Another free Rotoguys weekend for Cafe members

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another free Rotoguys weekend for Cafe members

Postby Tribe-Fan » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:22 am

About a month ago Erboes and I offered a free weekend to our fantasy sports website Rotoguys.com for all café members. We got a lot of feedback from that weekend, some good and some bad, but all valuable. We have made many changes in the last month, many of which were suggested by the café members themselves.

As we approach opening day next week we would like to open our doors to the café members once again for another free weekend. We do this for a few reasons. First, we want to see if the site changes that we made, again many suggested by you, go over well. The second and probably most important reason is that we want you all to take a hard look at our data, our projections and our advice. This time we will open all the download functions for the free weekend, and we encourage you to print out our data and stash it away until the end of the season, when it can be re-examined for accuracy. We don’t want to start any arguments about the rankings or projections, and we are sure there are many that will disagree with what we have now, but the proof as they say is in the pudding, and only after the season will you be able to tell if our projection information is valuable.

So, log in and take a look around. We tried to make the site much more user friendly, easier to navigate and easier on the eye. Don't forget to check out the Rotobabes section, there are quite a few new pictures in the photo gallery on that page.

If you are so inclined, send us an email with your thoughts. You can email me at mailto:bill@rotoguys.com with any comments, or post a response right here in this thread.

The access codes for the free weekend are as follows:
Address: rotoguys.com
Username: guest
Password: rbi

One more thing for you Northeast Ohio residents, Rotoguys will be having a public event next Thursday night, April 8th at Jillian’s Billiard Club in Akron Ohio from 8:00PM to midnight. We invite anyone from that area to come down and meet with the Rotoguys, including Erboes and myself. You can come to call us idiots or come to argue numbers with us, or you can just join us for a beer or two. And yes, the Rotobabes will be making an appearance there as well. Café members can get a free autographed photo of the Rotobabe of their choice, just mention that you heard about the event on the Fantasy Baseball Café. We hope to see many of you there.

Thanks,
Bill
Rotoguys.com
Eternal vigilance is the price of integrity.
Tribe-Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:51 am

Thanks TF, I will be sure to visit.

I hope that you guys are succesful. Can you tell me what your membership is up to?

btw - you guys have to still visit the cafe. The Talk Forum has been unusually peaceful since Erb started spending all of his time on your site.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby mrmarley » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:13 am

Good stuff ;-D

Looks much improved since last time...one thing that still happens when I click on "read more" for any article or player update, it goes to another screen but the article isn't fully expanded, I still have to scroll through it to read the entire thing which is not a big problem, but nevertheless, still annoying to have to do.

That could just be my browser, curious to see if anyone else has the same issue.
mrmarley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tribe-Fan » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:19 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
btw - you guys have to still visit the cafe. The Talk Forum has been unusually peaceful since Erb started spending all of his time on your site.

This is a valid point Mookie. The last month has been a little hectic with the site and our Florida scouting trip and all, but I know that both myself and Erboes plan to be regular contributors and probably trouble-makers (Erboes anyway) on the Cafe all summer.
Eternal vigilance is the price of integrity.
Tribe-Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Erboes » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:40 am

I've been making posts but, man, there just so many threads going on and so many members that I get lost in the shuffle.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mkooljr1 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:46 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Can you tell me what your membership is up to?

Figues they didn't answer the question themselves, but the forum only has 8 registered users and only ONE post by a member! I guess that answers your question. Maybe if the site looked more professional, the writers weren't so arrogant about their crazy projections, they actually gave statistical evidence for their "out-there" projections instead of just a bunch of gut-type reasons, then people would actually join. And as much as i love looking at hot women in bikinis, using them to encourage people to join the site is quite tacky, and basically saying to people "look, i know our site sucks, but hey, we have hot girls to look at, so come join for them!"
mkooljr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Erboes » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:19 pm

Geez, you're being a bit harsh, but that's OK. To answer the first question, it is $14.95. As far as the forum section goes, it hasn't been used much for whatever reason but it doesn't mean that we don't have customers. We are actually doing quite well for having this up for just two months. Thanks for your input though. Quite constructive.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby guest » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:03 pm

I just went to the free weekend with rotoguys. I must say I am not impressed. Hell I can get all I want on the free sites all year long like this one and Rotoworld. I wouldn' give you 1.95 for any site.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Erboes » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:02 pm

guest wrote:I just went to the free weekend with rotoguys. I must say I am not impressed. Hell I can get all I want on the free sites all year long like this one and Rotoworld. I wouldn' give you 1.95 for any site.

That is fine too. We opened things up again for people to download the projections to prove either way how good they are. We want to make a name for ourselves and this is the easiest way to do it. You can rip them all you want, but until you check them at the end of the season who are you going to know if they're better than the other pay projections or your "freebies"? Consider it a no obligation test drive.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mkooljr1 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:15 pm

Erboes, as i've said time and time again, it's not whether you lucked into a correct projection based on faulty reasoning. But it's the sound reasoning behind your projections that is most important. And this information isn't on the site. Just because you have an out-there projection for Burroughs, and he does meet those projections, doesn't make you a great forecaster. You coulda closed your eyes and picked numbers for all we know. It's the reasoning behind the numbers, and sound reasoning using statistical support, to back up these projections, which i have yet to see.
mkooljr1
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Classifieds