Mets interested in Bradley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets interested in Bradley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mets interested in Bradley

Postby RynMan » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:25 am

The indians homepage is reporting that there have been discussions with the mets regarding our good friend milton. i see this being good for him! he will have a better hitting lineup around him, and seeing as tho he isnt a power hitter anyway, Shea shouldnt affect him too badly right? i jus wonder who the mets are gonna give up.....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:50 am

canter field in San Diego would be better ....
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1149)

Postby swingaway » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:42 am

if he does go 2 the mets i think the indians woudl want one or more of the mets pitching prospects.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Erboes » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:01 am

According to this morning's Cleveland P.D., here are the teams interested in Bradley:

NYM
LA
TEX
SEA
OAK
PITT
BOS

St. Louis was interested but they bowed out when Cleveland asked for Haren.

Shapiro also stated that they'll be getting prospects in return and not established players.

I had the first five teams correct yesterday, but Pitt and Boston are surprises. This does indicate that Boston is really worried about Nixon's back, so anyone thinking of taking him if you still have a draft this weekend should keep that in mind. Of these teams I would guess that LA has the biggest need and I would have to put them as the favorite, but I don't know how aggresive their new GM is so it's really too hard to tell.

One last note about this article. If Bradley isn't traded by Tuesday he will not be on the major league roster, meaning Crisp and Escobar have made the team.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:46 am

This makes quite a bit more sense than the 'Soriano Rumors' thread. The Mets should be able to get a deal for Bradley put together very easily.

I don't quite think that the Kazmir/ Soriano deal w/ TX from that other thread really made that much sense, for either team. If the Rangers did deal him, it'd probably be for a pitcher they can use NOW. The Indians are a bit stronger in their rotation and would have some use for a future pitcher type of deal.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby inkubus » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:48 am

TEX needs another CF besides Nix, that's for sure.
inkubus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby frog99 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:25 pm

Erboes wrote:According to this morning's Cleveland P.D., here are the teams interested in Bradley:

BOS

Shapiro also stated that they'll be getting prospects in return and not established players.

I had the first five teams correct yesterday, but Pitt and Boston are surprises. This does indicate that Boston is really worried about Nixon's back, so anyone thinking of taking him if you still have a draft this weekend should keep that in mind.

I don't see The Red Sox dealing for Milton. to quote Theo Epstein yesturday, "we'er not looking to make a big trade" Though Milton is a good player, the thought is that the pitching can carry the team for a month and half and if Nixon is out longer, Magglio Ordenez would be the player of choice if the Chisox are out of the race.
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Spartans Rule » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:31 pm

The Mets want to take on a talented but troubled player? No way!

Bradley to the Mets would be interesting. While hitting in an improved lineup may help his BA, R, and RBI , the HRs may fall of a bit moving to a pitchers park, and the Mets already have a couple burners at the top of the order so his steals may suffer as well.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zito is God » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:51 pm

Where would Bradley play on the mets? Cameron in center, Floyyd in Left field, would Karim garcia be gone from Right Field to make room for Bradley?! I think that would be a mistake as I think karim Garcia is a great player and needs a solid team ti make potential blossom. Although then mMets are known for terrible moves so I wouldn't be too surprised...

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Amazinz » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:03 pm

Yeah he would take RF and Garcia would be out. Garcia is in a platoon with Shane Spencer in RF. I'm not sure Bradley is the answer but he'd be a better option then the Goon Platoon.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers