Greinke and McCutchen for Hamilton and Lee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Greinke and McCutchen for Hamilton and Lee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Greinke and McCutchen for Hamilton and Lee

Postby SlayeratCP » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:39 am

Points league with basic stats 11 teams.

I have two trades proposed to me that would basically give me Hamilton for Greinke and Lee for McCutchen. I can't really do one or the other because I would have a logjam at OF or SP so it's all or nothing. It is a keeper league but only 4 players kept and I have other solid players so the future value isn't quite as important to me, just from this point on this season.

Player Point Total to date
J. Hamilton 260
A. McCutchen 198
C. Lee 161
Z. Greinke 258

Thanks
SlayeratCP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Greinke and McCutchen for Hamilton and Lee

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:43 am

I will say no due to two reasons regarding Hamilton only. First, I feel that we've seen his best output so far and, though he'll finish the season with fine numbers, I don't think he'll hit at a higher rate than he's already reached. I imagine it only goes down, however slightly, from here. Second, there's always that nagging health issue. He's hung on for 2.5 months now, but it's a long season. Do you want to take that risk?

If you really need the power, then I would make the trade and hope for the best with Hamilton. However, I might hold off on this given some of the risk.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MaudDib » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:14 am

MashinSpuds wrote:I will say no due to two reasons regarding Hamilton only. First, I feel that we've seen his best output so far and, though he'll finish the season with fine numbers, I don't think he'll hit at a higher rate than he's already reached. I imagine it only goes down, however slightly, from here. Second, there's always that nagging health issue. He's hung on for 2.5 months now, but it's a long season. Do you want to take that risk?

If you really need the power, then I would make the trade and hope for the best with Hamilton. However, I might hold off on this given some of the risk.

I agree with a lot of this. Hamilton is a health risk and there are just too many question marks with him. McCutchen is hot as can be right now and will likely cool off but I wouldn't be surprised if they both end up with similar value the rest of the way.

I also prefer Greinke to Lee so I don't see this as a win for you.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby SlayeratCP » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:43 am

If I could change the one trade to make it Adam Jones for Cliff Lee would that be worth it? I'm not sure the other manager would even accept it but it is another option that I could propose if it makes sense
SlayeratCP
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SlayeratCP » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:42 pm

thoughts?
SlayeratCP
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:48 pm

SlayeratCP wrote:If I could change the one trade to make it Adam Jones for Cliff Lee would that be worth it? I'm not sure the other manager would even accept it but it is another option that I could propose if it makes sense

I personally would never trade Adam Jones for Cliff Lee. Jones should bring you a bigger return then just a SP imo.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions