Am I paying too much???? whir - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Am I paying too much???? whir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Am I paying too much???? whir

Postby Elsy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:20 am

14 team 17man keeper league (moving towards dynasty over the next couple years) Scoring is 7x7: R HR RBI SB K AVG OBP W L SV K ERA WHIP QS We also have a 15man farm team system. Currently in 3rd place (1st place is way out in front by 30 games) rest of us are bunched together but close enough to still make it interesting.

I have recieved several offers for Aroldis Chapman but have been reluctant to move him. Am I getting enough in return here?

Get - Troy Tulowitzki, Santiago Casilla and a 2nd round pick in our regular draft

Give - Alcides Escobar, Shaun Marcum, Aroldis Chapman, Rubby De La Rosa-DL, 1st round picks in regular and amateur draft

Rest of Roster: JP Arencibia, Eric Hosmer, Omar Infante, David Freese, Zack Cozart, Carlos Gonzalez, Drew Stubbs, Alejandro De Aza, Josh Willingham, Justin Morneau, AJ Ellis, Daniel Nava, Jordan Pachceo, Brian Roberts, Andy Dirks-DL Josh Johnson, Kyle Drabek, Jarrod Parker, Hiroki Kuroda, R.A. Dickey, Chris Carpenter-DL, Craig Kimbrel, Jonathan Papelbon, Jake McGee

Farm team:

Christian Yelich, Bryce Brentz, Daniel Rosenbaum, Barrett Loux, Drew Hutchison(call up in replace of Marcum), Nestor Molina, Lorenzo Cain, Chris Reed, Adeinys Hechaverria, Aaron Sanchez, Zack Wheeler, Danny Hultzen, Travis Snider, I have room for one more from a recent trade thinking of adding Kaleb Cowart.

Any info is helpful, thanks.
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 102)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Am I paying too much???? whir

Postby Jacksonvillezo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:56 am

That is a tough question that made me think for a while. My brain is still spinning a little.

Tulo is 27 years old, so you have to figure he is in his prime years and should have until 33-35 until he starts to decline some. He is the key player in the whole deal. Casilla is the interesting player. Brian Wilson has a 12+ month injury and the Giants could non-tender him and he could become a free agent. Casilla may become their closer for all of 2013 or just part of 2013. You just do not know at this point.

While I like the upside of the up and comer Escobar you just never you know if his bat is going to produce, so I would not count on it. Marcum is a solid pitcher, but he is 30. Chapman should be a solid pitcher for many years and he is young. The fact is he is a pitcher and I do not trust how long his arm will last with how hard he throws.

I would do the deal because I trust the length of the career of Tulo more than I do that of Chapman. I just talked myself into that. I do not think you are paying too much in the end for Tulo.
Jacksonvillezo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:53 am

You do this deal. Escobar is barely ownable in all but deep leagues. Marcum is a solid SP but hardly someone to tie up a trade like this. Chapman is fantastic but he is a high velocity pitcher and generally those kind of players don't hold up for long. So getting a top 10 hitter who is still in his prime for the next 4-5 years is a great deal for you. You also minimize the impact of losing Chapman by getting a solid closer in return. The draft picks might sting a little but getting a guy like Tulo for this is a steal IMO.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)

Postby woowoo crew » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:26 pm

i understand your reluctance, but i still think it's a better deal for you to get tulo. the other guy is possibly down on him b/c of DL stint, who knows. while chapman is a for sure stud who will likely get a starting spot next season, i think you can wheel and deal to replace him when that time comes. if you are in the chase, i think tulo helps your team more than chapman anyway. good luck.
help me please, please: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448827
C: McCann
1B: Konerko
2B: Cano
SS: Reyes
3B: Freese
IF: Encarnacion
OF: Ethier, Jennings, Willingham, Quentin
UTIL: Freeman
BN: De Aza, Pagan, Aviles
DL: Ellsbury
P: Felix, Price, Buchholz, Lynne, J. Johnson, Wandy, Valverde, Jansen, Chapman, Betancourt
woowoo crew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions