Blockbuster! E5+ for A.Jones+ ..WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Blockbuster! E5+ for A.Jones+ ..WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Blockbuster! E5+ for A.Jones+ ..WHIR!

Postby sclyon3 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:39 pm

My squad is in first in a 10-team mixed H2H.

I have the opportunity to do this trade.

Give:
Edwin Encarnacion
Josh Reddick
Chris Capuano
Jake Peavy
Lance Lynn

Get:
Adam Jones
Zack Greinke
Zimmerman

I am giving some depth but getting some talent. I am not sold on Zimmerman, but I love Jones and Greinke. I have been thinking "sell high" on all Reddick, Peavy, Capuano, and Lynn, but I don't know if I'm getting quite enough. In other words, I don't know if their production will outweigh the guys I get plus whoever I get on waivers. Is it worth it? The names are catchy, but I'm not sure I'm getting the bang for my buck.

Here is my squad:

C: Saltalamacchia
1B: Miggy
2B: Kendrick
SS: Reyes
3B: Encarnacion
IF: Allen Craig
OF: Bourn
D. Jennings
A. De Aza
J. Reddick
UTIL: D. Ortiz

SP: Kershaw, Felix H., Beachy, J. McDonald, Johan, Peavy, Capuano, Lynn, Hudson, Latos
RP: Kimbrel, Chapman, and Street
Halladay -DL

Thoughts?

Thanks!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Blockbuster! E5+ for A.Jones+ ..WHIR!

Postby Jacksonvillezo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:47 pm

I take it your saying Ryan Zimmerman the 3rd baseman and not the pitcher? I would do this deal. I think you are selling high on a lot of players having career years that will not play this well for the whole year. I am not sold on Reddick hitting HR's at this pace. Encarnacion is the best player you are giving up. Peavy is injury prone. Lynn could be for real, but you just do not know with this being his first full year. You are getting proven players. Do the deal.
Jacksonvillezo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Waterhorse » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:17 pm

I don't think you're getting enough. E5 is a stud and sure, those other guys might be sell high but they're still good.

Could you pull it off without E5? Or try and keep Lynn or Peavy. I just think that's too much.

Check mine please
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=448775
Waterhorse
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sclyon3 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:02 am

Jacksonville: I apologize, I meant Jordan the pitcher. I felt like you did at first, but now I'm not so sure.

Waterhorse: We had the deal without E5 and Zimmerman at first. I had proposed it. He thought about it for 3 days and was leaning towards it at first, but he convinced himself that giving up Jones would hurt his offense more than all the guys I was giving him would boost his pitching. This was what was brought to the table after to give him some more offense in the deal, but I think it just pushed it over the edge for me.

Thanks for your input! Anyone else have any feedback?
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jacksonvillezo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:10 am

That changes things a lot with it being Jordan Zimmerman. That means you play Miggy at 3rd. Who would you play at 1st if you do the deal? I do not see your bench players? As of right now, I do not think you do this deal. I really like Greinke and Jones, but I am concerned about the replacement on the infield now.
Jacksonvillezo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sclyon3 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:15 am

I have Allen Craig who is 1B eligible. I would have to pick up an IF off of waivers. Jones would step right in for the departing Reddick in the OF.

I wonder if he would do the deal if I pull Reddick altogether and keep the rest of the deal intact. Would this change your opinion? I would then have to turn around and deal one of my OF for an IF player.
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jacksonvillezo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:27 am

I would try to pull Reddick and see what he says. It does not hurt. If he accepts then you have Reddick to deal for your IF help. If he does not do that deal then you need to start with some other deal because this deal does not work for you in my opinion.
Jacksonvillezo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Elsy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:34 am

Jacksonvillezo wrote:I would try to pull Reddick and see what he says. It does not hurt. If he accepts then you have Reddick to deal for your IF help. If he does not do that deal then you need to start with some other deal because this deal does not work for you in my opinion.

Agreed.....Encarnacion has not slowed down at all this season. He has been better than I thought hitting out of the DH spot for the Jays - and I am a huge Jays fan. He played a little LF in interleague last week and may see that continue if David Cooper continues to impress and keep his bat in the lineup. I like selling high on Cap and Peavy. Lynn is the big question mark for me - will he continue or come back down some. I think that without Reddick it is a much better deal for you, if he insits on keeping Reddick in the deal ask for a solid 1B or 3B back for the opening in your IF.
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 81)

Postby redkanefox2009 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Elsy wrote:
Jacksonvillezo wrote:I would try to pull Reddick and see what he says. It does not hurt. If he accepts then you have Reddick to deal for your IF help. If he does not do that deal then you need to start with some other deal because this deal does not work for you in my opinion.

Agreed.....Encarnacion has not slowed down at all this season. He has been better than I thought hitting out of the DH spot for the Jays - and I am a huge Jays fan. He played a little LF in interleague last week and may see that continue if David Cooper continues to impress and keep his bat in the lineup. I like selling high on Cap and Peavy. Lynn is the big question mark for me - will he continue or come back down some. I think that without Reddick it is a much better deal for you, if he insits on keeping Reddick in the deal ask for a solid 1B or 3B back for the opening in your IF.

Couldn't have said this much better myself. I would second this and go for it.

Help with mine please? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448750
redkanefox2009
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby woowoo crew » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:05 pm

I agree with some of the others. Encarnacion has been on fire all season. (I know b/c I have him too.) He is the #1 rated 1B eligible player in my league, just above Miggy. Anyway, b/c he's in the deal, I too think you could pull Reddick to see if he goes for it. If he refuses, i think I still like the deal for you. Zimmerman is a ? though.

Help me please: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448827
C: Gattis
1B: Abreu
2B: Utley
SS: Dee
3B: Encarnacion
UTIL: Dickerson, Chris Davis
OF: Stanton, Heyward, Polanco
BN: Arenado, Chisenhall, Blackmon, Calhoun
P: Cueto, Strasburg, Cliff Lee, Wood, Latos, Kuechel, Kluber, Arrieta, Ross
RP: Kimbrel, Uehara
woowoo crew