Rebuilding an Abandonned team for a second half push (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rebuilding an Abandonned team for a second half push (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rebuilding an Abandonned team, will return all rates!!!!

Postby thearabhammer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:09 am

I think it's a pretty solid squad especially getting Felix....you should be good for the next few years
If we light ourselves on fire, WE CAN GO ANYWHERE!- Stormy from Sealab 2021Image
thearabhammer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LightItUp95 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:30 pm

UPDATE 6/23/2012: Added many players, changing around bench, ETC. Updated post to reflect most recent lineup changes. Still would like some rates on the squad. Also, should I be starting Brandon Belt this week? Thanks. Will still return rates or posts if you leave a link. ;-D
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lyons595 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:51 am

overall I like the team.
I will, and always, feel that SP is the deepest position. Great SP will emerge every year (see Dickey, Cueto, McDonald, Sale) this year, so I would build around your O. Only the true SP STUDS should be keepers (and maybe legit closers like Kimbrel).
My best opinion on keepers are: Kipnis, Lawrie, Braun, Trout, Perez and Hernandez, Chapman, Bauer. BUT, if you need to make a choice, I'd let Bauer go and keep another bat, like Freeman > Belt. Bauer looks like he'll be a stud, but there are WAY more flops that guys who actually reach thier potential.

thanks.
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 217)

Postby LightItUp95 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:46 pm

lyons595 wrote:overall I like the team.
I will, and always, feel that SP is the deepest position. Great SP will emerge every year (see Dickey, Cueto, McDonald, Sale) this year, so I would build around your O. Only the true SP STUDS should be keepers (and maybe legit closers like Kimbrel).
My best opinion on keepers are: Kipnis, Lawrie, Braun, Trout, Perez and Hernandez, Chapman, Bauer. BUT, if you need to make a choice, I'd let Bauer go and keep another bat, like Freeman > Belt. Bauer looks like he'll be a stud, but there are WAY more flops that guys who actually reach thier potential.

thanks.

Thanks for the advice brother. The only keeper I know for certain is Trout. Again, I joined this league midseason, so it's hard to know what type of players people keep. If Bauer is as good as it sounds when he comes up (From what I hear, he's electric), I'll keep him, but Felix (He's only 28 or something, which is ridiculous) and Darvish (Only 25, and has the upside of a legit No. 1) are also in that conversation. I want to hold onto Chapman too, since he's valuable as a closer and a starter, but it's hard to figure out. I should keep more position players tho, you are right. Hosmer, Lawrie, Trout, Braun and Starlin Castro (POsition Scarcity plus his mad skills) are all very keepable IMO. It's a hard decision, but it's not one to be made for a while. I'm well set for the next couple of years, right now I'm just trying to raise a team from the ashes and do the best that I can. :P

So yeah, any more suggestions? Kinda thinking of trading Hart, Gordon, and Marshall for another pitcher. Thoughts?
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lyons595 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:35 am

I suppose you are in a tough position in-that you don't know how the other guys in your league operate. Keepers can be a totally subjective: some guys will keep players just because they are a favorite player, but may not truly justify being a keeper (i.e. Ichiro). And the history of the league may also dictate who is kept; if the same 12 owners have been in a league they know who the other guys covet and they also know what positions are historically hard to fill on the WW. This can keep some guys on rosters that (in 2012) have NO business (i.e. Rollins as a keeper at SS).
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 217)

Postby LightItUp95 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:15 pm

lyons595 wrote:I suppose you are in a tough position in-that you don't know how the other guys in your league operate. Keepers can be a totally subjective: some guys will keep players just because they are a favorite player, but may not truly justify being a keeper (i.e. Ichiro). And the history of the league may also dictate who is kept; if the same 12 owners have been in a league they know who the other guys covet and they also know what positions are historically hard to fill on the WW. This can keep some guys on rosters that (in 2012) have NO business (i.e. Rollins as a keeper at SS).

Yeah, no even for those reasons, my team just happens to have a lot of great keepers. Trout, Castro, Lawrie, seem to be three I'm leaning toward since all will turn into Al-Star calibar players (And all are ridiculously young). But yeah, also have Bauer, Myers, Hosmer, Perez, Darvish, Wainwright... list goes on and on.

Anyone else? I'd like some more rates. will return the help.
LightItUp95
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team