FREE ESPN Mid Season Dynasty League - Read - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

FREE ESPN Mid Season Dynasty League - Read

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FREE ESPN Mid Season Dynasty League - Read

Postby TheMilwaukeeBrewCrew » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:31 am

I have not had any luck at the ESPN boards so I am coming here. I am new around here and from what I can tell a lot of you are highly knowledgeable and that is what you are going to need to be for this league. I already have 8 out of the 16 owners and we are drafting this Saturday at 12:00 ET.

If you are a dedicated owner looking for a highly competitive deep fantasy baseball league then you have found the league you will LOVE.

The past 2 years I have ran a 12 team mid season one year league and this year I am ready to go bigger. A 16 TEAM Mid-Season KEEPER league - read on for details.

DRAFT: Saturday June 16th - 12:00 ET

EDIT: For some reason they are not letting me post the link. So I will send you the league link if you are interested.

How this all works..

League: It is a deep 16 team H2H points league that will carry 6 keepers year to year. This is the only year we will draft mid-season. If you have your doubts I have ran mid-season leagues successfully before and have experience. This is a bigger league then I have done in the past but I am making it a keeper league and from experience keeper leagues are usually better with more teams. A keeper league I think will be better because now you have to make that decision of going young early and getting the Bryce Harpers, Bauers, Trouts.. Or just go for the studs as in other years it has been just a one year league and most people grabbed the best available. It adds strategy into the draft. We are also thinking about going to a full out dynasty AFTER next year. If this does happen we would also be adding a minor league team. This is far away and would be voted on in the off-season. Next year is 6 keepers.

Draft: The order will be decided at 12:00 ET on the day of the draft. As soon as the order is decided I will send out an email and the draft will begin. There are TWO chat-boxes: the top for talking and the bottom ONLY for draft picks. Each team will have five minutes to make their pick and will be on auto-pick after 2 consecutive missed picks. If you happen to miss your pick as soon as you get back you can make your pick. I will be putting players on teams as we draft so the player pool will be updated. We will take breaks in the draft but we will try and finish the day of. If not we will all agree on a different date to continue on.

Playoffs: This league is going to be a deep league and I want it to be realistic to the MLB as possible. In that case its going to be a grind to make the playoffs. 6 teams make it every year with the top 2 division leaders getting a bye. With 16 teams being in the league you need to be in that top tier to get in.

Draft Lottery: As in all dynasty leagues.. Teams that are done early or just want to rebuild they will tank to get that good draft pick. I have a Draft Lottery system that I will use for all the teams outside of the playoffs. 12 teams will be in the lottery and every team will have a chance. Just like the NBA the odds are not very good if you are for instance the 12th seed but you will have a chance.

MLB Themed: This does NOT mean you get keepers from the team you pick.. In NO way does that mean it, but it is MLB themed. 2 Divisions - AL and NL. Pick a MLB team for this league.

If interested: Give me your email to send the invite and let me know what team you would like and maybe some info about your fantasy baseball experience and I will send the invite.

~~Thanks!
TheMilwaukeeBrewCrew
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FREE ESPN Mid Season Dynasty League - Read

Postby devouredbychaos » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:26 am

I know I'm a little late here and missed the draft, but if you still need an owner I'd love to join the league. I've been playing for a few years now, run my own keeper league on ESPN, and im a very active and knowledgable owner. My email is devouredbychaos@gmail.com, let me know if there are any openings!
devouredbychaos
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AlecAdvice » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:08 am

Hey have been playing fantasy baseball for over 6 years know. I am very active and knowledgable. I know it is post draft but if there are any spots open please shot me an email. Torryfaulk2822@yahoo.com
AlecAdvice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gwalk23 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:40 pm

did this get off the ground?

do you still need players?
if so, pm me =-)
gwalk23
Little League Legend
Little League Legend