Miggy v Hamilton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Miggy v Hamilton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Miggy v Hamilton

Postby jsohmer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:20 am

Hi,

I'm in a standard 10 team 5x5 Yahoo league. I was recently offered a trade in which I would receive Josh Hamilton for Miguel Cabrera. My current roster looks as such:

C - Miguel Montero
1B - Cabrera
2B - Brandon Phillips
SS - Jed Lowrie
3B - Brett Lawrie
OF - McCutchen
OF - Melky
OF - Harper
Util - Aramis Ramirez
Util - Cuddyer
BN - Omar Infante
DL - Tulowitzki

I am intrigued by the deal and would like to get Hamilton but I'm worried with the lack of 1B production I would be sitting at afterwards. I was considering trying to put a package together around Melky to get another 1B but wasn't sure what level 1B to aim for.

Would you do the first deal? And have you seen any deals for 1B centered around Melky?
jsohmer
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Miggy v Hamilton

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:29 am

Welcome to the Cafe!

Personally I think i would stick with Cabrera. Hamilton has been great but there is always an injury concern with him. Plus I usually don't like doing a deal where you weaken yourself and then hope get a deal done later to fill that weakness. So many times it isn't as easy as you think to get a 1B and then you have to live with some scrub there all year.

Your OF is fine and I don't see a good reason to do this trade. Going forward they are at least similar value so keep the guy at the position you need the most which is 1B.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions