Fowler/Moore for Maybin/Vogelsong WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Fowler/Moore for Maybin/Vogelsong WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fowler/Moore for Maybin/Vogelsong WHIR

Postby ROC AllStars » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:06 pm

10 team fantasy points league **REDRAFT**

I've been offered Dexter Fowler/Matt Moore for Cameron Maybin/Ryan Vogelsong. I initially drafted Fowler, but had to drop him and he was snatched up. Am I giving up too much to get him back? I've been very high on him all season, so I don't feel very objective on this trade. I picked Vogelsong up off the WW about three weeks ago, and he's been really solid. Moore has been looking better, and Maybin has been marginal at best.

Leave a link, WHIR...

Roster:
C: Weiters
1B: MCab
2B: Pedroia
3B: Beltre
SS: Reyes
OF: Hamilton, Stanton, BJ Upton, Craig (start 4)
Util: Freeman
Bench: Matt Joyce, Cameron Maybin, Aviles, ARod, Crawford (DL)

SP: Price, Morrow, Peavy, JJohnson, Lester, Hudson, Vogelsong, Oswalt
RP: Chapman, Kenly Jansen, Soriano
Last edited by ROC AllStars on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fowler for Vogelsong WHIR

Postby mcmbpd » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:36 pm

I'd say that you can afford to deal Vogelsong for Fowler with that starting rotation. That's assuming that you really want Fowler. Fowler has alot of potential, but so far all his skills havent manifested themselves in a breakout season thus far. Is this the season? Maybe, I mean he's definitely on the right track with 8 HRs already...realistically though I think he's going to turn in a season with a stat line of .265-.280, approaching 20 HRs, maybe close to 50 RBIs, and under 20 swipes. So if that's what you're looking for then I'd say go for it...Vogelsong is expendable with the other starters that you have right now. I wouldn't make the deal though if those numbers from Fowler aren't going to help...in other words if you're trading for him with the exspectation that he's going to take off and soar into fantasy dominance then you're gonna be very disappointed. You said it yourself, you had him and dropped him, so you must have had the same thoughts yourself at some point...and a good stretch or hot streak certainly doesn't change the overall outlook in my mind. I had the same thing happen to me this year when I added Trout and then dropped him a few weeks later for Middlebrooks. Then Trout took off and his current owner won't even consider parting with him now...but Fowler is no Trout bro, lol
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Fowler for Vogelsong WHIR

Postby bobnerns » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:54 pm

All things even, I like Fowler more than Vogelsong. But it really seems like you don't need any extra outfielders. Based on team needs, I'd stay with Vogelsong unless you can trade away some of your outfielders.
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Fowler/Moore for Maybin/Vogelsong WHIR

Postby fierro33 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:51 pm

i think Moore has tremendous upside , u gotta do this deal...take moore and run
fierro33
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 210)